3

"Here's your new wallet." Namjoon pushed a rose-colored folded wallet to me on the table. I took the wallet carefully before I opened it. There were two cards inside of it. I pulled out the cards and scanned them one by one. The first one was a transportation card for a public bus, and the second one was my new identification card as a South Korean.

Wait, what?

My photo was in there, just exactly like my identification card photo (How did they take the photo?). My name was changed into a Korean one. My birth date even changed, though only the year and the birthplace were different. I was supposed to be born in 1997, not in 1995.

What is this? I looked up to Namjoon, demanding him an answer to the madness that he gave me.

"We don't wanna take a risk," He started, "Since you're from another country, we have to make you as a resident here by changing your identity. From now on, your name will be as noted on that card. Please remain to use it for a long time."

What?

"Does that mean that I have to pretend to be someone else?" I protested, "What about my old identity? What about my family? Does that mean that I have to 'disappear'?"

There was a brief silence before Namjoon folded his hand and leaned down his body. His gaze was heavy towards me, sending me a chill throughout my body, "Yes, with all respect."

What. The. Hell? It didn't make any sense. Not only that they dared to kidnap me, but they also made me into an entirely new person. Like seriously, a new name? What was I? A spy in world war 2? I glared at the leader, refusing his offer by any means. He had no right to make me throw away my life just like that when I had a place to go home and people waiting for me there.

"How could you?" My breath turned heavier as my rage took over my emotions. But then, I shut both of my eyes down, coping up with my emotion before it exploded and made a further mess in the chaos.

Don't worry, Jenny. Changing someone's identity isn't a simple case. Missing in someone's country is a huge deal and the government wouldn't just keep quiet. They would work together with police here and track me down, to find me encaptured by these disguised monsters. I didn't come here illegally and I have the required document left in the hotel room-

"Unfortunately, your presence won't be detected by normal people." Namjoon suddenly spoke out as if he could read my mind out loud, "Your disappearance may be big news, but they won't find you. We had used our power to hide your existence."

"You're kidding me..." I mumbled.

"We anticipated this kind of situation. As for your documents, our staff had collected them in your hotel room."

"Wha-!" I jumped from my chair, "How?!"

Namjoon pulled something from his pants pocket, which turned out to be my hotel card key. "You don't need to know how we took them."

They must have taken it from my pocket when I fainted. I slumped down to my chair, nearly bursting out in tears. All hope had gone away. I couldn't think of any other good ending from here on out.

"I know you're shocked, but we have no choice." There was something in Namjoon's eyes that made me mistook it as regret and pity. But there was no way a kidnapper would show his sympathy to his victim, right? "All your social media have been deactivated, as your email password has also been deleted also. We also threw away your SIM card and your phone."

I swear I almost attack him when he said he threw away my phone and deactivated my social media. But my fear held me down, chaining me at my chair as my body was trembling. They took pre-caution steps way too much. It scared me so badly that they could vanish my presence just like that. I couldn't shout for help. I couldn't use my identification documents. I couldn't use my phone nor my social media. I was doomed.