38

A/N: Whoa, it's been so long since I last updated T_T things had been quite hectic ever since I started working so I nearly got no time to write, even though I had made some drafts for the next five chapters. I thought I might be able to spare some time when the pandemic hit, but I got hit by writer's block instead. Since it's been a long time, there might be a slight change in my writing style and the grammar mistake (I'm not a native speaker so I have to use several proofreader websites and multiple revisions before I upload, but I still think it's lacking). Thank you for the views and the votes! I'm so honored to see this story still get noticed after nearly 4 years first published. 

As soon as Taehyung was discharged from the hospital, we continued the MV shoot from what we left behind. I spent an entire time taking care of Taehyung, hence why I never came to the place nor know any information about it like where the place was or was is it about. The boys did mention it was surfing a dark theme but didn't tell into the details.

I was sweating coldly when the van came to a stop at a deserted place, far from the city, and went off from the highway. Turned out, there was an unfinished building that was meant to be a huge city project like a shopping mall or any entertainment place. Might it be because of internal conflicts between companies, the construction was halted and has never been continued again till now.

I kept wondering if it was safe for us to go there, but Sunbae and the production assured me; they had surveyed the location and even asked permission from locals living around there, and district officers. If the officials said it was alright, then it couldn't be bad, right?

I felt left out seeing everyone knew their every job and which session they should continue from yesterday. I knew nothing about this project and Sunbae seemed to understand. He asked me to keep an eye on the members and help with other staff in case they needed a hand. Turned out, not all staff were coming since the MV nearly ended. There were like 8 people? 9 people? Including the director, the makeup artist (also the stylist), and the props staff.

I could have suspected why the team was in short of hand, but at that time I didn't take full attention to their company's condition.

The irrational fear that had been pestering me was surprisingly gone after I noticed that Hoseok and Jimin were terrified too even though they've gone there several times.

"I swear this place's getting scarier by every visit." Hoseok shivered, "Maybe this time, the spirits grow stronger-"

"Hoseok, stop saying like that!" Okay, Jin was too. His mask worked better than the other two.

"Hyung, do you know that there have been several ghosts sightings here- "

"No, Jungkook! We shouldn't mention them! They'll hear it!" Hoseok flinched, meanwhile the youngest laughed in satisfied that he managed to tease the elder.

"It's okay, hyung. We won't belong here." Jimin patted Hoseok's shoulder with a gentle motion, "We only take on the shoot for a group dance and wait for Taehyung's part."

I hoped those short shoots didn't take long too because I began to feel chilly from the air. Summer was a cruel season; they can be burning in the daytime, but they can be freezing at nighttime. And what a fool I was for not bringing a cardigan nor any warm gears besides long jeans and sneakers.

Maybe, it wasn't the air, but the aura? The fear came dancing around me again, whispering irrational thoughts and imaginations of horror movies scene in my brain. The unfinished building. The depopulated area. The dim lights with some kept flickering.

"Can we go to everyone faster?" I suggested as I tried to ignore these thoughts.

"Let's go..." Hoseok nodded frantically.