(18)

"How in the world they found us?!" Sunbaenim messed his hair in frustration after heard the bad news from us. As soon as we left the shop, we hurriedly went back to the hotel and gathered inside Yoongi's room. Yoongi almost shooed us, until we told him everything.

Then, he decided to hold a small meeting, together with Sunbaenim and the other two staffs, Hyunra-Sunbae and Soojin-Sunbae. Jungkook and I shared the whole story from when the Catcher confronted us in the alley until he chased us to the cloth store.

"We underestimated their connection." Namjoon showed his surprised through his tone, but he tried to look calm. "Their organisation also reached across other countries, so they might share pieces of information too."

"They're more solid than I expected," Yoongi commented. "But I thought we were still on their suspected list." I was thinking the same as him. So far BTS had handled the situation pretty well by not using their power in front of people or risen up the suspicious, I think.

"I think they already put us on the list." Jungkook made a deduction. "Remember about Soohyun-hyung's old friends that turned out to be Catchers? They must have reported the case to their head or leader."

"This is bad," Namjoon muttered under his breath. He bit his lower lips. "We need to be more careful now. They might have planned to catch us sooner."

"But you guys are public figures!" I exclaimed, couldn't help but to open up my voice. "I know they're reckless to make an accident in front of the public and caused a big mess but to catch you guys and even to kill you... wouldn't it create a bigger fuss?"

"They will fake up a news," Namjoon replied. "Either they will make it as a suicide or a deadly accident. I'm afraid they're also involved in government or big companies. They have a bigger chance to make up a crime scene."

Why are they doing it to this extent? My body lost its strength as my confidence faded away.

"From now, it would be best for you to follow the schedule like usual." Sunbaenim threw out his suggestion. "Us, the staff will watch over you and protect you in case they'll come again."

I nodded, along with the other two staff. Though we didn't have enough time to think of a plan for upcoming days, but for those days, we had to make sure the boys were okay both in mentally and physically as they were doing their debut in Japan. It's an important day for them so we wouldn't let the Catcher ruin it.

We ended the meeting sooner because, on the next day, the boys would have a radio show as their first public appearance in Japan. Besides, we needed some rest as the clock had stricken to midnight. We all said our goodbye to each other and then headed to each room.

"It must be scary," Hyunra-sunbae spoke out as she spread out the blanket, right after we went back to the room. "I just hope everything will be alright."

I nodded as I took out my pyjamas and my bath stuff. I hadn't taken a bath yet.

"Are you alright?" She looked at me with a concern expression. She must have meant the earlier incident.

"I'm fine." I smiled bitterly.

I wasn't fine. Heck, I even couldn't sleep on that night. The incident kept haunting my mind, staying me awake and terrified. I still remembered of the shiver that I had when we met the Catcher. I still remembered how fast my heartbeat was when we hid from the Catcher.

I got up from the bed and silently put on my hotel sandal. I purposely left the lamp turned off so Hyunra-sunbae wouldn't wake up. With a gentle move, I opened the door and left outside (fortunately the hotel staff gave us two card keys in case someone got locked).