(36)

"Taehyung, I bought you some fried chickens!" 

Jimin slid into the room, with a plastic bag at his right hand. "I thought you'd want some."

Jungkook came after him, closing the door in his favour.

"Oh, thanks, Jimin-ah!" Taehyung's smile spread wide as his gaze fell onto the bag which then travelled to his bedside table. "I've been carving for chickens, but the nurse didn't allow me for delivery."

"Of course you can't." Jungkook continued as he took over the bag and picked out a styrofoam box. "That's why we brought this silently."

"How come no one noticed you bringing that food in all the way?" Jin exclaimed, suddenly appeared between the younger lines. Jimin gave him a victory sign while Jungkook just opened the food and bit one of the chickens in there.

"I have the ability." 

"The ability to sneak in the food into the hospital?" Jin asked Jimin back, "I thought you don't have that kind of ability."

"Hyung, you don't need to have Tae-hyung's magic to sneak in." Jungkook interrupted. His mouth still full with the chicken meat.

"Swallow first before you speak." The eldest scolded.

Taehyung's condition had gotten better after he woke up yesterday' afternoon. It was probably because he leashed out all his emotions. For the first time in a while, he's finally back to his cheerful side. His square smile returned to his face once again. It was like a miracle. I couldn't forget how happy they were all when Taehyung welcomed them with opened arms an hour ago before Jimin and Jungkook going out again to eat lunch.

I was on the couch with Namjoon while cutting an apple into slices for Taehyung. We were sitting just by the window, but the curtain was closed so that no one would see us. 

"He looks better now." Namjoon smiled when he stared at our patient who already grinned like a child having fun. I nodded. Big relief smile appeared on my face.

"It's all thanks to you."

"What? Why?" I frowned at the leader.

"Because you were staying with him for the whole time." Namjoon stole one of the slices and munched it. "Thank you."

"I was just doing my job," I muttered as I finished cutting the apple, ready to deliver it to Taehyung. He was talking to Jimin and Jungkook about a topic that I couldn't catch on. Probably about gaming and anime stuff, based on what I heard. 

"Taehyung..." I called out for him while walking towards him with a plate of apple. He didn't hear me, so I cleared out my throat to prepare a louder voice.

"Taehyung!"

Okay, I did it overboard. 

My accident shout made the room went quiet. The conversations were all stopped, but the response didn't stop there.

Taehyung jerked his head to look at me with a frightened face. When our eyes met, I swear I saw a glimpse of bitter and anger in him. 

"So-" I hadn't finished my apologise yet when he slapped my hand, hence throwing the plate on to the floor and breaking it to pieces as well as the apple. His entire body was tense and he covered his face with his arm as if I was trying to hit him with a bat. Namjoon immediately stood up. Yoongi and Hoseok who was standing by the door headed towards us. Jin went from the other side of the bed to approach me.

My whole body went cold. Did I make a mistake? Did the shout trigger him in some way? Did I make a huge mistake? I could hear Taehyung's breath went heavier, like a panting.