6

The fansign had to stop immediately. After ten minutes of waiting anxiously, the ambulance came and brought Yoongi to the hospital. The fans were gathering around the van, crying along as the police came to check up on the incident place.

I still didn't understand why would he save me. Why did he have to sacrifice his ankle to cover me? It isn't like people remembered me anyway.

"Soo-Ah!" Soohyun sunbaenim shook my shoulders, "Come on! We have to go to the hospital!"

I stood up slowly, hadn't been able to surpass my shock. Sunbaenim led me to Namjoon while he tried to calm down the crowd.

"Go with Taehyung first. We follow you later." Namjoon brought me to Taehyung and the male grabbed my wrist as he led me backstage. All I remembered was Taehyung lead me to the parked van nearhand the emergency exit where I bumped with that rude Catcher. We jumped to the van as we waited for Sunbaenim to return. Taehyung saw my hand shaking uncontrollably, so he squeezed it to comfort me.

"He's gonna be fine. He's been used to it." Taehyung decided to wait in the car with me a little longer until Sunbaenim and the other member came hurriedly. They jumped into the van immediately and Sunbaenim started the engine.

"Any news about him?" I blurted. Sunbaenim glanced at me through the rear mirror.

"He's arrived at the hospital. The staff told me that he was taken to the emergency room. The doctor talked about his left foot."

When we arrived at the hospital, Yoongi was resting in his care room. Luckily, the doctor said his bones didn't break that much so one surgery was enough to align his bones back, although it still didn't look fine to me seeing from his bleeding amount. But hearing that he wouldn't need some metals implanted into his ankle, I stopped holding my breath.

We entered the room and saw Yoongi lying on the bed, while the nurse gave some pain relievers to his swollen ankle. Then, she walked to Yoongi's side to plant the IV fluid through his backhand. Another nurse came in to check on his ankle, preparing for his surgery.

"Hyung!"

Yoongi made a bright smile once he saw us coming. He gestured us to come closer as nurses finished applying care to him and exited the room. I stood next to his bed with Jin and Taehyung, while the others were on the opposite side.

"Why did you save me?" I asked randomly, stealing everyone's attention. I clenched my fist. "You could have left me dead, and people would think of it as a mere accident. You don't have to be worried about me escaping and reporting you all."

Yoongi stared at me while the members averted their eyes to him.

"I saved you because you were in danger. Imagine if you were dead there, people will try to make it ruckus and your identity will be questioned across the town. It'll drag us into a bigger problem.

Besides, you're our manager."

"I'm your manager?" I repeated, "I thought I was supposed to be your prisoner or something like that."

"Do you think being nice to you is treating you like a prisoner?" Yoongi scoffed.

Why?

I lost my words. How was I supposed to react? Touched? Happy? Disgusted? Confused? Suspicious?

Is this a new method of kidnapping? By showing empathy towards your victim?

"How are the fans?" Yoongi asked the leader.

"We sent them back home," Namjoon answered in a sad tone, "They looked disappointed, but we don't have any choice. We don't want any potential for an accident again. We're planning on giving them a present to each person as an apology, or maybe release an apology video."