(27)

A/N: I made a change on last paragraph. Thank you for the comments which made me realise I described the figure vaguely 😥

"Soohyun is a good man." PD-nim sighed deeply as he put down a yellow folder in front of him. He then intertwined his fingers together. "He was such a nice and hard-working worker, despite his real identity. I hope he has found a better place in up there." He continued.

I nodded, pressing both of my lips into a thin line. Though I didn't shed any more tears whenever I heard his name, I still felt a weight inside my chest. Maybe because he left a deep trace inside my memory that it's hard to forget him. But fortunately my mental state a lot better than before. No more hallucinations, no more suicide image. 

Standing next to me, a tall man lowered down his head, seemed to be mourning as well. He was already been there when I came into PD-nim office.

"How're you doing, Soo Ah?

I smiled a little touched that he managed to ask for my condition. "Much better than before thanks to the member and sunbaes."

"Great. Do you mind if I move to the main topic now? I have an urgent meeting after this with the upper in regards to Soohyun's real identity." I nodded my head as the answer.

PD-nim nodded then pointed to the guy beside me with his opened palm. "I want to introduce you to our new manager, Seo Joon-ssi."

A new manager? I turned sideways to take a good look at the guy. He spun to me as he offered his hand to give a handshake. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," I replied with a small voice. The guy's height was shorter than Sunbaenim. He wore big square glasses, giving him a smarter and nerdy look. He was wearing an all-black outfit. His professional aura was shining, shrinking me mentally. I felt like I saw him somewhere around this building. He might be one of the staff before promoted to a manager.

I didn't mean to sound over-confident, but I thought I would replace Sunbaenim as the main manager. Turned out PD-nim had chosen another person.

"I can sense you're wondering why I pointed someone else instead of you." My face went flushed red when PD-nim guess hit right at the centre. Did I accidentally speak my mind out or my expression was too visible? Well, I did lift my eyebrows when thinking of that.

I nodded in the flustered face, admitting. I quickly let go of Seo Joon sunbae's big rough hand and then hid both of my hands behind my back. I spun around to face PD-nim.

"Soohyun's incident is only the beginning. They must have planned several bigger things to catch us." Yeah, considering BTS might be the main target of Catcher. They might receive a lot of reports about before.

"To prevent anything worst happen, we decided to prepare two managers. You're supposed to replace Soohyun but, we see you're not ready yet. We also don't want to take a chance for a betrayer like those two Japanese girls before Soohyun. If one manager goes down, we still have one."
Oh. Well, Sunbaenim's death was happening too fast before I learned everything. Choosing two managers was a good idea. Not to mention we had no idea if there was another Cather spying around our company.

"Seo Joon had been here for a long time and he had shown his skills brilliantly." PD-nim continued, "Moreover, he's trustworthy so we can give him a bigger responsibility."

"But, if you can impress me as well, I'll consider making you as another main manager." PD-nim laughed.

I let out a forced laugh, didn't think it was funny (not to be rude, guys). Seo Joon sunbae made a polite smile.

"Seo Joon, I want you to teach Soo Ah well. I'm counting on you."

"I understand." Seo Joon sunbae bowed in manner.