Chapter 13: Prepping for the Party Pt. 2

Hey guys! Well I'm going to start updating more like I used to. School keeps me busy, so I apologize for not updating.

Above is Tyler in his tux. Snazzy ain't it?

***

Tyler's POV ~

2 days later and 9 hours until the party.

I told Reyna to stay home today because I needed to go out to get a tux for her party. I know she said I don't have to throw her one but I had to. She's everything to me, and I want her to be happy.

"Do you need me to do anything for the party tonight?" she asked me as I was walking out the door.

"You have a hair and makeup appointment at 1:45, so go to that. That's all you need to do. Be safe traveling. Serenity is going with you. You both have an appointment at the same time. Party starts at 8:00. See you then, love. I love you." I said with a smile.

Reyna seemed touched. "You didn't have to do that."

"You know I'd do anything to make you happy." She smiled.

"Well I have to go before my car leaves. Oh, my other two brothers are coming. Not Jude of course. He's long gone, but Dalton and Alaric. You can call him Ric." I said.

"Oh cool. I can meet more of your family. What about your parents?" She asked me.

"We'll talk more later, love. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." she said quietly. I kissed her on the cheek and left.

***

Reyna's POV

I wonder why Tyler didn't want to talk about his parents. He seemed disappointed when I brought them up. But we'll talk later. It's okay.

1:30 p.m.

On our way to the salon Serenity spoke. " So, how are you and Tyler?"

"We're good." I said.

"Good..." it was a little awkward. "I wonder what he's going to get you for your birthday." she said.

"It doesn't matter to me. I never used to celebrate my birthday. Can I trust you with a secret?" I asked.

"Of course."  Serenity responded.

"My birthday was the day my parents died. That's why I don't like my birthday. I know Tyler wants to make me happy but, it's just a sad day to me." I said almost letting out a tear.

"Listen, that's in the past. You have a new life, a new person to love...a new family. We're here for you."

I let the tear fall. That might be one of the happiest moments of my life. She was right. We hugged then got out of the car.

~

We got our makeup and hair done and was ready for the birthday ball.

Most of all, I was ready to face the day I hated the most.

Happy birthday to me.

A/N:

Short chapter; I'll probably update the party tomorrow. Love y'all. Thanks for reading.

~Carli <3