Chapter 16: Suspense

Hello pretty peoples. So this chapter is going to be mostly in Tyler's POV. Enjoy anyways. Peace. (I'm terrible at being descriptive so bare with me please. Thank you.)

Above is Reyna "Sleeping" You will understand the picture (gif) once you read more.

***

Tyler's POV

I watched as Oliver snapped Reyna's neck. She fell lifelessly to the floor.

"Well, what do you think? Should I kill you?" Oliver had a smirk on his face. I took the dagger out of my stomach and winced at the sudden pain. When I was done, he was about six feet away.

"You won't be able to kill me." I said.

"And why is that?" Oliver asked with that smirk still on his face.

"Because I'm going to kill you first." I said with a smirk now on my face.

I sped to him and grabbed the stake/dagger and I tried to plunge it into his heart but, he wrapped his hand around my wrist. I used only a small portion of my strength. I pushed harder. He was losing. I pushed even harder and the tip was laying on his shirt. I started using more strength and so did he. Finally, I just used all my strength at once and won. Oliver was the one  laying now lifelessly on the floor.

I looked over at Reyna, but she was gone. I started to panic. Then, I got a text from Serenity.

I took Reyna to the infirmary. You might not have noticed but I was there the whole time. I just left with her. Leave her here for a few hours. I know you don't want her to but, I need her for a few.

She was not keeping her. No way in hell.

I replied : Sorry but no. I'm taking her in a few minutes. That's all you get.

I rushed to my room. I'm taking Reyna away from here. There's too much danger here. I know she will be stronger but not as strong as others. There is only a 2% chance she will become a Renx. She had my blood so it is possible, just slight. I seriously doubt it.

I packed all of her clothes and hygiene things. Same with me. Only three suitcases. Not bad. I thought to myself.

I headed to the infirmary. I saw Reyna. She was in the first bed with a sheet up to her waist. I took off the sheet and picked her up. Serenity changed her into a tank top and shorts. She still looked beautiful. I scooped her up and sped to my car and put her in.

***

I have another house. Not as big as the palace of course, but it was a three story house. Eight bedrooms, six and a half baths. I'd say it is still really big.

I took Reyna in my arms and opened the door. I took her up to the master suite. It's been three hours so far. Another two max. No vampire has lasted more than five hours in the state she is in, except for one. It was seven instead of five or less. If she doesn't wake up in ten, she'll be...gone. I don't even want to think about that. I just want to know how I didn't know she was a Rolland. It's genetic. Usually, I can sense them.

Two Hours Later

Reyna was still in her lifeless state and I was crazy worried. She should have woken up by now.

Another Two Hours Later

Now there was only a slight chance she is living...well sort of living. If I loose her, I don't know what I would do. Reyna is my world. My everything. If she died, I would have to live with guilt. If that happened, I would let myself love. Not again.

One More Hour Later

I'm so on edge right now. I have had four glasses of the strongest bourbon I have to try and calm my nerves, but I don't feel a thing. If she doesn't wake up in the next three hours, that will make eleven hours. Reyna will be dead. And I would have let it happen. I could have done something.

Three Hours Later

She's gone. Oliver took her from me. I couldn't see. My eyes filled with endless tears. Then, I heard a rustling noise. I looked over and saw the door was wide open. I sped upstairs and went to the master suite.

Oliver!

"Oliver stop!" I yelled. How the hell is he even alive?!

He had Reyna. She was half conscious! She wasn't dead!

Oliver looked at me. "Please." I begged him.

"Why would I? You tried to kill me." he said with with a serious face.

"Just please Oliver. She is my life. If you hurt her, I won't have a reason to live." I had tears still in my eyes. They never left.

"Then die." Oliver jumped out of the window. And took Reyna with him.

Dammit.

***

A/N: Well...What did y'all think? Vote and comment please. And tell me why Oliver won't die.

Kisses <3 Carli