Chapter 31: Death is Inevitable

Tyler's POV

Her heart stopped. That can't be right. After all this time, she couldn't be dead.

No. She's not dead. I won't let it happen. I'll do whatever it takes.

"Ah, that's better." I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw a woman. She seemed to be in her late thirties.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is, Naytaliana." (Nuh-tal-ee-o-nuh)

"What are you doing in my palace?" I said, a little annoyed.

"It was the place I was brought back to life." 

Back to life? What the fuck kind of crazy is this woman? We don't come back to life. We die. Plain and simple.

"Ha, that's right. Why are you really here?" 

"I just told. God, what did Reyna see in you?" she mumbled the last part.

"You know Reyna?" I then glanced at her body on the floor, and my heart clenched.

I just got her back...just to lose her all over again...

"Knew her?" she chuckled. "I gave birth to her."

My eyes widened. Her mom? She died 57 years ago, give or take.

"How are you here right now? You died."

"I did, hon. But guess what? We Rolland folk find ways to come back. I found a loophole to come back. And if you're nice, I just might tell you how. But for now, I have things to do." She glanced at Reyna, and if I'm not mistaken, I could have sworn I saw guilt pass through her eyes.

"Invisicept." she whispered, and was gone.

"Wait!" I called. But I was too late.

I glanced at Reyna, and as my gaze passed over her body, it sank in.

Reyna, my precious Reyna, was dead.

I could feel my heart shatter.

My hands began to shake, my chest began to ache. All I could feel was pain.

I did the only thing I could at that moment. I cried. I cried like never before.

I sobbed until I couldn't breathe, because the love of my life was dead.

I went to her body and placed her head in my lap.

I looked over her peaceful looking face. That beautiful face that haunted my dreams for fifty years.

"Baby, please wake up." I whispered. "Please. I can't live without you."

I continued crying for what seemed like years.

****

After crying all of the tears I had, I decided I need to take care of her body. I picked her up and carried her to my parent's room. They would know how to help; they always do.

I walked in to see my father hugging my mother. He was doing better it appeared.

"Hi hon-" my mom began to say, until she got a glance at Reyna's body.

Her eyes widened in shock.

"Is that Reyna?" she asked quietly.

I nodded. 

"Is she..?" I simply nodded again.

"What happened?" my dad asked.

"I'm not sure. She did the spell to help you, dad. The disease transferred to her. She knew what she was doing, yet she did it anyway. I guess in her human form it killed her much quicker. She was doing a spell just before she died...I think she was trying to save herself." I realized then I forgot something. "Her mom died 57 years ago, but she's alive. I just saw her here.  She was in the palace. I just don't understand how."