• XIV •

The moment Yoongi opened the door, Holly came dashing towards Yoongi. He raised her two paws, leaning on Yoongi's shin, and barked happily. With a warm smile plastered on his face, he cooed at his cute dog as it wagged its tail happily. He crouched down and picked the waiting Holly up.

He heard Jimin chuckle behind him, making the older turn to him.

"What?" Yoongi asked with a scowl on his face.

Jimin just shrugged, his stifled laughter still clear on his face. "I don't know, hyung. Who would've known that only a small dog can thaw that ice cold heart of yours?"

"I don't even know what you're talking about," Yoongi said as he sat on the couch, Jimin following suit.

Upon finally noticing Jimin's presence since she was too busy doting at her master, Holly barked happily and hopped from Yoongi's arms to Jimin's surprised ones.

Yoongi watched in hidden pleasure as Jimin lifted Holly up and rubbed his nose against the dog's, giggling all the while.

"Did you even hear yourself coo at Holly, hyung?" Jimin asked, now cuddling the dog in his arms.

Yoongi was confused for a second what Jimin was talking about, but then he realized that it was in continuation of their conversation.

"Oh, uh...cooing? What shit are saying, Jiminie? Min Yoongi does not coo."

Jimin turned to him with a smirk. "Well, you just did. About a few minutes ago."

"You're imagining things again," he retorted.

"Anyway hyung, where are the files that we need to tackle down? You said they were important, right? We should start now," Jimin said, even though he looked like he was not gonna let go of Holly anytime soon.

Yoongi tapped the pillow he had grabbed, thinking quickly. He had lied. There were really no important files, and most importantly, there were no files in his house at all.

That time, Jimin had taken a awhile even though all he did was buy Yoongi lunch. And so, Yoongi had began to get worried. Like, seriously worried. He might had overreacted since Jimin had been gone for only twenty minutes, but nobody knew what could happen to a chirpy and overly-friendly marshmallow like Jimin, right?

And so, Yoongi had stood up from his desk and went over to the door. Just as he had slightly opened the door, he had caught sight of Jimin and Mr. Comics Face aka Shin Asshole Daesuk talking right outside his fucking office.

Seriously, if Yoongi had just not been a reasonable and unbelievably kind human being, he would've fired Daesuk a long time ago.

He had strained his ears to listen to the conversation of the two, shutting up the voice in his mind that said eavesdropping was absolutely rude.

Yoongi was no fool. It had been clear that Daesuk was about to ask Jimin out or something. And so, out of impulse, Yoongi had emerged from his hiding and announced that they need to take care of some 'important' files in his place.

Why he had thought of bringing Jimin to his house was beyond's Yoongi's imagination.

And that brought them here.

With Jimin looking at him expectantly and waiting for Yoongi to show him the nonexistent files.

"Umm...well, it's here," Yoongi said, remembering that he had accidentally brought the folder containing the resume of new applicants yesterday.

He stood up and grabbed the folder that was in his room's desk and went back to his living room where he found Holly licking Jimin's nose. It was a very nice sight, Yoongi must say.