• XVI •

"So Jiminie," Taehyung said as he sat beside Jimin on the couch.

He and Hoseok came to visit. Yoongi wasn't able to come with them because he had a personal appointment, in which Jimin was obviously not disappointed. Psh, absolutely not.

Namjoon, also, wasn't able to come because he had accidentally broke the windshield of his car for some unknown reason and so he had to take care of the repairs. His Jin-hyung of course, was obviously disappointed.

"Hmm?" Jimin responded. He shifted a bit so that he was now properly facing Taehyung.

"What will you wear for the party?" the younger asked, flashing Jimin one of his box smiles.

Oh yeah, the party.

Jimin almost forgot about that, what with all the workload he had to do. The company would hold their annual business party in which all the important people were invited.

Jimin of course, was (cough) Yoongi's (cough) escort (cough) for the party.

"Yoongi said he'll just be the one to take care of what I will wear," Jimin said, looking away to hide his flushed expression.

Taehyung nodded and ruffled Jimin's hair. He stood up, walked over to where Jungkook was, and soundly kissed the boy.

---•---| Y<3J |---•---

Yoongi watched in amusement as Jimin entered the huge hall where the party was being held. He looked so adorably uncomfortable and kept on fumbling with the hem of his silver tux.

"What are you so nervous for?" Yoongi asked, placing his hand on the small of his back to guide Jimin where to go.

"It's my first time to attend this kind of thing," he answered honestly.

Yoongi nodded. He did not blame Jimin for feeling that way. After all, the atmosphere could really be a bit too intimidating, especially for someone like Jimin.

"This is easy. I've become wise after all these years. Just nod to every bullshit these rich people wearing ridiculously expensive gowns and suits would say. Pretend you're listening and put on a smile. Make it a bit sarcastic so that they'll get the hint that you're not at all interested. Okay?" Yoongi told a nervous Jimin.

Jimin nodded, biting his lower lip.

"And most importantly," Yoongi continued, grabbing Jimin's hand, "just stay by my side. You'll be safe, I promise."

Jimin looked up at him, a warm smile playing on his lips.

Yoongi couldn't help but stare at those turned up eyes that twinkled every time the other boy was happy. His plump lips were curved upward, making him glow even more.

Yoongi felt like sighing contentedly.

"Department Head Min!" a boisterous voice called, making him turn to the direction of the voice.  

Yoongi's softly smiling face transformed into a subtly scowling one when he saw who was coming towards them.

Why wouldn't Yoongi scowl? It was none other than Mr. Han, the arrogant and awful business man which sadly holds a huge part in the company's stocks.