• XXI •

"You seemed to be lost in thoughts," Namjoon said as he walked towards Jin's desk.

The older snapped out of his reverie and gave Namjoon a small smile. "I was just thinking about the offer Jimin received from the university in New York."

Namjoon tilted his head as he contemplated the sighing boy in front of him. Even when sighing, Jin still looked awfully gorgeous. This made the CEO wonder how the heck was it even possible for him to exist. His parents must be really beautiful as well for them to come up with such a good-looking son.

Namjoon shook his head, willing the thought away. Now was not the good time to daydream about his secretary.

"Offer from a university in New York?" Namjoon asked.

Jin nodded, tapping his fingers on the desk. "I applied him for it a year ago, and then just yesterday, we received the response. He was able to enter the scholarship."

Namjoon smiled, his dimples showing. He was honestly very happy for Jimin. With how Seokjin talked about Jimin, he knew very well that the younger boy was talented.

"That's good, then!" he cheerfully replied, trying to sound supportive. But then, a thought came up to his mind that quite disturbed him. "But...that would mean he'd have to go to New York. You're not...actually going with him, are you?"

Jin turned to Namjoon with confusion in his eyes. "Why would I? What would I even do there? Anyway, he's not going to grab the opportunity. He said he'd rather stay here."

In hearing this, Namjoon breathed a sigh of relief inwardly. He shrugged and looked away as he spoke, "That's good then, since the highest ranked person of this company would probably cry."

"But, aren't you the highest ranked person in this company?" the male asked with puzzled eyes.

"Well, I do am the CEO."

Namjoon held his breath as he waited for Jin's reaction. However, the reaction was something that he did not expect, but really, he wasn't surprised anymore.

"Why would you even cry if I leave?" Jin asked as he laughed loudly as if he had heard the funniest joke of all.

Namjoon sighed.

"You're supposed to be smart, Jin," Namjoon muttered to himself. Unfortunately, Jin had heard.

The older boy stopped laughing, crossed his arms, and narrowed his eyes at Namjoon. "I am smart. What are you implying?"

The younger boy raised his hands up in surrender. "I'm not questioning you're intellect."

"You better not." And it was a threat.

Silence wrapped them and it felt a bit heavy. They were bickering, yes, but they both know that deep inside they were highly disturbed about the same thing.

Namjoon chose to break the silence. "So, still no improvements with Jimin and Yoongi, I guess?"

The older boy nodded gravely and scowled as he placed his head on his hands. "I tried but...it seemed like Jimin had no plans on sharing anything. Even Jihyun did not know. And that's really something, Joonie, because Jihyun always knows."