• XVII •

The party was almost finished and a few people were starting to leave. Yoongi suddenly got an important call that he needed to attend, so he left Jimin in the care of Hoseok.

"Damn it, I think I need to go to CR," Hoseok announced in the middle of their conversation.

Jimin laughed. "Alright hyung."

The two immediately headed to the men's room, with Hoseok displaying his dancing skills because of so much need to pee.

"Wait for me here, okay?" Hoseok said before going inside. Jimin couldn't help but laugh as he watched his hyung enter the men's room.

As Jimin waited, he wondered where Yoongi was and why he needed to leave suddenly.

Maybe something personal? Or maybe-

"Oh, we've met again," a voice of a girl broke Jimin's thoughts.

The boy whipped around, finding the familiar face.

Wait, wasn't she the one who had visited Yoongi days ago?

"Hello," Jimin greeted, bowing his head at the beautiful woman standing in front of him.

She was wearing a navy blue long gown that made her glow. Jimin felt like she was seeing a goddess or something.

"I never got your name before..."

"Oh! I'm Jimin, Park Jimin."

"Nice to meet you, Jimin. I'm Lee Sehee," she said with a smile.

"I actually need to talk to you, Jimin. Just the two of us. Can we...maybe talk in a more private place?" she asked.

Jimin was in crisis. And damn, Yoongi would probably scold him for this, but Jimin was really curious who the girl was and why Yoongi never mentioned her to him.

So yeah, Jimin followed her.

He quickly texted his Hoseok-hyung, assuring him that he was somewhere safe and that they'd just meet at the lobby after a few minutes.

Sehee brought him to a more secluded area. Jimin was not exactly comfortable, but well, he's already here so no turning back anymore.

He could just imagine Yoongi's unimpressed face.

"You might be wondering who I am and why I went to Yoongi's house that day. I bet Yoongi did not tell you anything, or did he...?"

Jimin shook his head. "He didn't."

Sehee snorted. "Of course he didn't. On my part, I'm also wondering about the nature of...your relationship with him."

Jimin blinked.

What exactly is my relationship with Yoongi?

"I'm... I'm his secretary," the boy said weakly.

"Oh? Well, that's a bit unexpected."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "But why?"

Sehee flashed a smile again, and for some reason, it made Jimin really uncomfortable.

"If you may know, Jimin, I'm actually Yoongi's fiancé."

Wait what?

Wait what?

"F-fiancé...?" Jimin stuttered.

"Yes. Why do you look so surprised?"

Jimin tried his best to school his shocked features into neutral ones. He did not succeed.

"B-but how?"

"Our families arranged it. We're supposed to be married soon, but Yoongi... Well, he's being stubborn," she said, face full of distaste.

"Oh..." was all that Jimin could say.

Why didn't Yoongi tell him?

Why didn't he even mention it?

Did he plan to keep it from Jimin?

What was even happening?

"And well," Sehee started again, tilting her head at Jimin, "It also did not fail to escape my attention that you, uh, may be too close to Yoongi."

Jimin, who was looking at the floor the entire time, snapped his head up. "What...do you mean?"

Honestly? Jimin had no idea what to say. He did not know if he should deny it or not. He wasn't even sure if there was something that should be denied about! What was he and Yoongi?

And Jimin got the answer.

Yoongi was just his boss. And Jimin was his secretary. That's what they were.

Jimin watched as Sehee's smile faded. "Let's get to the point, shall we? You may have observed that Yoongi doesn't like me that much. And you...you're just not helping in the situation. This is very important for our families and all they wanted is to give Yoongi a nice and secured life.

"Yoongi would be better off with me, Jimin. Please understand that. And...you seem to be a good person, but you're just a secretary. His secretary. What do you think his parents would say once they found out about you two? I'm not degrading you or your status in life. I'm just saying that...your relationship with him can create so much complications."

Jimin was silent.

He was listening, but if he was to be honest, he would rather not listen. He would rather not let reality be slapped into his face. He would rather not realize that...she was right. She was damn right.

"I hope you understand, Jimin."

And with that, she left.

And Jimin was alone, still staring at the floor.

Just his secretary.