• XVIII •

Yoongi looked up the moment Jimin entered the office. He was kind of...waiting for him. Not that much, though. Yoongi still hoped to maintain his I-don't-give-a-shit persona despite being so damn attracted to his own secretary.

"You're early," he teased lightly, but instead of receiving the reproachful scowl he was expecting, Jimin only awkwardly bowed at him and apologized furiously.

Yoongi was torn between raising one eyebrow and looking confused. He chose to let it go, though.

"Here's the agenda for tomorrow's meeting. I need a summary," Yoongi said as he handed Jimin the folder.

The older boy did finally raise one questioning eyebrow when Jimin only grabbed the folder and returned to his own desk without even as much as a glance. He didn't even flash his usual eyesmile that always made wonders in Yoongi's stomach.

"Is there anything wrong, Chim Chim?" Yoongi asked gently.

Jimin turned his head, his eyes blinking rapidly. "N-nothing..."

"Are you sure? You seem to be a little off."

The younger boy only nodded and went back to looking at the files that Yoongi gave him. He decided not ask any questions further, but he knew fully well that something was wrong.

Really really wrong.

---•---| Y<3J |---•---

Okay.

So Yoongi was now worried. The whole day it had been the same thing.

Jimin refused to look at him and if he did smile at Yoongi, it was the formal and business type of smile. Not the one that he was used to. The older boy tried crackling jokes—mostly savage and sarcastic ones, he couldn't help it—but Jimin would just either formally smile or ignore it.

Something was wrong. Yoongi didn't need any power or whatever to know that because it was obvious as fuck.

And he couldn't stand it anymore.

Jimin was busy typing something on the computer on his desk when Yoongi decided to stand and walk over to where he was. The older boy casually sat on the other's desk and leaned a bit, pretending to check what Jimin was typing on the computer.

The action closed the distance between their faces and Jimin immediately stilled, his fingers freezing from where they were hovered on the keyboard.

Yoongi reached out his hand and brushed away a strayed strand of hair from Jimin's forehead. "Stop being so formal and proper. You still look cute but it's no fun," he said, smiling at the younger.

He patiently waited for Jimin's reaction.

Which was, not much really. The younger only continued typing and pretended that nothing happened. It made Yoongi very very, damn it, very disappointed.

What was happening?

"What's wrong? Why the sudden change in attitude? Where did you bring my cute and chirpy Jiminie?" Yoongi demanded at the robot-like person in front of him.

Jimin only sighed. "It's just...nothing, Mr. Min. Don't you have to finish composing your speech for next week's event?" he said, not even taking his eyes off the computer.

Yoongi pursed his lips.

"Look, I don't know what's happening and I'm not gonna push the topic, but at least call me hyung," Yoongi said, going back to his desk with a heavy heart.