Star Spangled Man With A Plan~Steve Rogers

So, it's technically the 75th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack while I'm writing this, so sorry if it's confusing for people in different time zones. This also doesn't really follow any of my other preferences/scenarios, but I really wanted to make this.

Today was the day. It was the 75th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack. Your Grandfather had been a veteran in the war, and had earned a Purple Heart for risking his life to save his commanding officer. This risk had cost him his leg, which had been wounded and infected, then soon was amputated.

Today, you were going to honor him.

You held your head high as you walked through the slightly-crowded World War II Museum, which you had traveled all the way to Louisiana to see. You hummed a quiet tune of 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy' as you toured throughout the museum.

There were guests there, young and old, who had come to see the history of World War II. On the tour, you found yourself next to a man who looked around your age, with a hoodie on and a baseball cap.

He turned to you and gave you a warm smile, which immediately melted your heart. You smiled back, a light shade of pink tinted your cheeks. "Brooklyn, huh?" You asked, referring to the city that was labeled on his baseball cap.

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah. It's my home town." You nodded, smiling a bit more. "My Grandfather was from Brooklyn. He loved it there."

"Did your Grandfather serve?" The man asked, curiosity growing in his beautiful blue eyes. "Yeah. He was in the Army, and he got a Purple Heart." You said proudly.

The man nodded, a slight look of admiration crossing his eyes. "Did any of your family serve?" You asked, your curiosity getting the better of you.

He thought for a moment, then looked back at you. "I guess you could say that." You smiled and stuck out your hand. "Y/n L/n."

He took your hand in his and shook it. "Nice to meet you Y/n. My name's Steve. Steve Rogers." He said the last part quietly, but you still heard it. Your eyes became large as you took in the sudden realization of who the man was.

How could you have missed it? The similarities were obvious. You realised that you were staring at him, and you looked down at your worn-out boots, blushing.

"It's nice to meet you too, Steve." He smiled at you, as you finally looked back at him. You had just met Captain America.

He looked around a bit, before turning back to you. "Wanna get coffee after this?" He asked, slightly blushing. You smiled widely as you nodded.

"Anything for the Star Spangled Man With a Plan."

Okay, how was that? Okay? Not okay? Please, feel free to tell me. :)