Red Arrow x Reader

F/C/F - Favorite Cake Flavor

Just FYI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood atop a giant building, getting ready to jump down. Standing next to me was none other than Roy Harper, otherwise known as Red Arrow. Both of us were on a mission together, and neither of us liked it. Both of us were former sidekicks for Green Arrow, but neither of us got along with the other. To me, Roy was arrogant, reckless, and stubborn. Really, I could say more than that about him, but I'd rather keep it at that. Although, I had to admit, Roy was pretty hot. Not that I'd ever tell him that and inflate his ego.

The Young Justice team had requested my help, and if I had known Roy would be helping too, I might not have come. Might. Luckily for them, I was a nice enough person to try and put my differences with Roy aside for the night. I maneuver down the building, using the fire escapes to help me down. I land in front of a phone booth with a sign that says, 'Out of order' on the front of it. Roy hops down and lands next to me. He opens the doors of the phone booth, not bothering to let me go first. I roll my eyes as he disappears, then step into the booth next. It scans me, and I hear the familiar voice of the computer as I see the inside of Mount Justice appear before me.

"Recognized: (S/H/N). B:08"

"SURPRISE!" I jump slightly, not expecting what was in front of me. The cave had streamers, balloons, and other decorations all round the inside. Cake was set on the table, and a banner was hanging from the ceiling with 'Happy Birthday' written on it in big, colorful letters. It suddenly dawned on me.

Today was my birthday.

"Wait a second, why did you tell me we were going on a mission then?" I asked the team.

"It was the only way we could think to get you here without spoiling the surprise part," Robin said.

"We told Red Arrow the same thing 'cuz he probably wouldn't have come if he'd known we were having a party for you," Wally added. "We're making him stay even though you two hate each other, cuz that's what friends are for, right?" I glared at the redhead, mentally choking him. He grinned despite my harsh glare that could probably rival that of Batman. M'gann hugged me suddenly as Wally walked away. I nearly shrieked in surprise.

"Happy Birthday, (Y/N)!" She detached herself from me, smiling brightly at me.

"Honestly, I almost forgot that was today," I stated. M'gann's eyes widened in shock.

"How could you forget your own birthday?" I shrugged, slouching slightly. I looked down at my boots. M'gann must have sensed my uneasiness, because she put her hand on my shoulder.

"I've never celebrated my birthday before, so it was never really important to me, I guess."

"You've never celebrated your birthday?" M'gann asked in shock. "Why not?" I shrugged, not really wanting to answer.

"Who's never celebrated their birthday?" Roy asked, walking over to us with a plate of cake in his hand.

"(Y/n) has never had a birthday party before," M'gann stated, emphasizing the word 'never'. Roy looked at me, extremely shocked.

"What kind of childhood did you have?" He asked.

"Not a very good one. I didn't have friends or family around to celebrate it," I state sullenly.

"Didn't Ollie ever have a party for you?" Roy asked irritably. His brow was scrunched up now. I step back slightly, which he doesn't seem to notice.

"No, he was always busy." M'gann jumped up, suddenly remembering something.

"Well, you better go tell him thank you, then. He put this party together for you," she said excitedly, pointing towards the back of the room. "He's over there. C'mon!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Roy, who was actually laughing at the two of us.