Garfield Logan x reader

This was requested by MusicNerd52201 Sorry it took so long

From the beginning, it had been obvious to the rest of the team that you and Gar really liked each other. For a while, no one thought to interfere, Surely you’d figure it out on your own.

They’d never been so wrong.

Months had gone by, and you weren’t any closer to dating Gar. It was painfully obvious to everyone else that he really liked you. So it wasn’t too surprising when they were all trying to see who could tell you first. Gar groaned at the idea.

While on a mission, you were paired with Tim, who thought this was a good opportunity. While you two were scoping out the hideout, he tried to quietly bring it up.

“So, (Y/n). I heard you’ve got a secret admirer,” he said. The subtle approach was what he’d decided might be best. You only seemed confused, though.

“I do?” you asked. Tim nodded.

“Yeah, it’s someone on the team. But you didn’t hear that from me.”

You paused for a moment, your mind racing through all the possibilities. “Tim, please tell me it’s not you…”

“What? No-” He couldn’t finish explaining before your cover was blown. Maybe you guys had been talking a bit louder than you’d meant.

Another time, while you were hanging out with Cassie, she tried her hand at hinting. Tim’s subtle approach was a failure, so she was going to try to be a little more direct. She tried to get you on the topic of relationships. It wasn’t a secret that her and Tim were a thing now, so she started off about talking about that.

“Is there anyone you like?” she asked. You blushed and shook your head, but she knew that was a lie. “Oh, come on. There’s gotta be someone. Like...Gar?”

“No, I don’t...that’s not…” You couldn’t come up with an excuse. She’d caught you.

Before she could tell you that Gar liked you, you conveniently changed the subject. She sighed inwardly. You were not making this easy.

Eventually, it was starting to seem like no one could get through to you. At this point, Gar was gathering up the courage to tell you himself. While you were visiting Mount Justice, he found you and pulled you aside.

“Okay, look I have something big to tell you before someone else tries to again,” he said. You didn’t know where this was going, but let him continue. “Everyone’s been betting on who tell you first, but the thing is, I really like you, (Y/n). And i wanted to tell you before anyone else could try.”

You were definitely in shock. It had occurred to you at some point that this could all very well be a dream, but after pinching yourself, that didn’t seem to be the case.

“Oh, uh, actually Gar...I really like you, too.” Gar smiled. “I was going to tell you eventually, but knowing me, that meant never.”

At some point in the day, you two had been holding hands. There was a lot of cheering when people noticed. Sure they’d lost, but it was probably for the best that Gar told you himself.