Disney series: Jason - Something there

It's finally done :D On to working on the next one.

I stomped into the Batcave angrily. I brushed past Tim and Damian without a single glance at either boy. Striding behind me was Red Hood, aka Jason Todd, the bane of my existence.

“All I'm saying is, if you had been a bit more aware of your surroundings, you wouldn't have gotten hit,” he called after me, “and I wouldn't have had to save you.”

I was trying really hard to ignore him. Because yeah he was right, but he has to go and rub it in all the time. Any way to prove he's “better than you.” It gets on my nerves.

“Yes, Jason. I know. I get it, okay? I messed up.” I tried to take deep breaths in between. “You don't need to keep telling me.”

“I'm just providing you constructive criticism,” he said with a smirk. I think everyone was beginning to feel the anger coming off of me in waves, because Batman did his best to carefully separate us.

I grudgingly leave, glad to be away from Jason. I decided maybe watching something upstairs in my room would help me calm down.

Some time later, Tim knocked on my door. I yelled for him to just walk in. The sound of the door opening signalled that he had done that. “(Y/n), Bruce wants you in his study.”

I raised an eyebrow. What could Bruce want right now? I hope I wasn't in trouble. I was completely prepared to blame Jason. Without another word to Tim, I followed the hallways to Bruce's study. I slowly open the door and peek through. I don't see anyone inside, so I walk in to get a better look. But still no Bruce. "Hello?” I called out.

The door behind me slammed shut as I called out. I jumped and tried to pull it open, but I wouldn't budge. Almost as if it was locked. I sigh and turn, but almost jump again when I see Jason's face. I did, however, scream.

“Jason, you scared me!” I held my chest dramatically.

“Oops,” he says nonchalantly. “Sorry.” I groan and sit down on the floor, my back against a wall.

“Why'd I have to be stuck in here with you?” Jason simply shrugged. I try to ignore him, but it almost feels awkward since no one is speaking.

“So, we're trapped in here together. What do we do now?” I asked.

“We find a way out.”

“Uh, but how?” I didn't think I could take anymore uncomfortable silence with him.

“Well, we'll figure something out.” From the other side of the door cane a voice. It sounded like Dick.

“Nope, we've locked you in until you two can play nice.” Oh great, now I have to be nice to him? This really is hell. Jason and I groan simultaneously, and I softly hit the back of my head against the wall.

Okay, (Y/n). It's gonna be fine. You can be nice to Jason for just a bit, right? But I didn't know where to even begin with him. All we've ever done is bicker endlessly. Besides, how do you finally be nice to that one ​person you hate?

I tried making small talk, but that clearly wasn't working. Especially with Jason giving me a 1-2 word answer to everything.

“Look, Jason. I'm really trying here. I don't wanna be stuck in this study all day.”

“Fine,” Jason huffed.

-Batboys POV-

None of the boys heard the sounds of arguing coming from behind the door. That was a good sign, right? “What if she's killed him,” Tim suggested. Damian agreed.

“She would​ do it, too. That's probably what happened. You should have known better than to put​ them alone together, Grayson.”

Maybe they were right. Well, it couldn't hurt to check. Dick peeked his head into the door after unlocking it. He braced himself for a gruesome sight, but didn't find one. Instead, he saw Jason and (Y/n) sitting in the middle of the floor talking like civilized people.

“It's pretty clear that Mr. Darcy likes Lizzy. Even if he claims otherwise.”

“Ugh, don't even get me started. This is why you need to finish the book, (Y/n). But I promise I won't spoil anything.”

Dick raised his eyebrow. What was happening? “Uh, what?” The two turned to look at the door, just noticing Dick.

“Oh, hey Dick. What's up?” (Y/n) said. Dick's left eye began to twitch a bit.

“You guys…aren’t fighting?” Both nodded.

“Yeah. Turns out we both like to talk about books all day?” It sounded more like a question, but Jason just shrugged it off nonchalantly.

“Oh, uh. Then I guess mission successful?” Jason and (Y/n) turned back to each other.

“Oh, did you read House of Hades yet?” Jason asked. (Y/n) gasped in delight.

“Yes! Nico is officially my precious gay son!”

“Honestly, I didn't see it coming, but it's​ great that he finally came out.”