Nightwing x Reader

Requested by LoveandHateMyself. Sorry this took a bit, I've been sick lately ^^' This turned out a lot longer than I thought it would though.

“So let me get this straight, you lead a team of sidekicks?”

“We prefer not to be called that,” Nightwing huffed. He and I were sitting on the edge of a building together. Nothing was happening as of now, so we decided to just sit and talk, maybe catch up a bit. I hadn't talked to him much since his transition from Robin to Nightwing.

“Hmm, whatever. But I'm totally right, right?” Nightwing nodded.

“I guess, yeah.”

That's better than anything I've done. I'm not one for joining teams, really. I prefer to do my own thing.

“How have I not met this so-called team of yours before? You've been on the team for, what, five years?” Not once had this come up before. How could he not tell me?

“It's supposed to be a secret,” he said nonchalantly. And he's telling me this despite that?

“Then why are you telling me?” Seriously, what's the point of a secret if it doesn't stay a secret? Nightwing looked me straight in eyes, and I could almost imagine the beautiful blue eyes that I love just hiding behind that mask.

“Because they, uh, kinda want to meet you.” Nightwing rubbed the back of his neck. I thought I saw his face go a bit red, but it was gone too quickly to really know for sure.

“They what? Why?”

“Uh, they've heard about you, and I kinda let it slip that I know you, and now they want to meet you.” Huh, interesting. Not exactly what I'd expected. But hey, who was I to disappoint a whole team of kids?

“Sure, why not? Couldn't hurt to meet them, right?” I flashed a reassuring smile at Nightwing. He nodded and went to stand up. I got up with him, dusting myself off lightly. “Lead the way, Boy Wonder.” He groaned, but pulled out his grappling hook and aimed at a distant building. He shot off into the air. I pulled out mine and did the same, landing right behind him.

We stopped at an alley, landing in front of a phone booth. Nightwing told me to wait out here for a minute while he authorized me. He stepped into the booth, and a blinding light filled the alley, causing me to squint. I waited, then stepped into the phone booth.

In a flash of light, I was immediately transported somewhere else. Cool. I was met with the sight of a group of younger kids circling me with giant grins.

“Woah, you're (S/h/n). Crash!”

“(S/h/n)? Oh my god, you're right it is her. Holy Hera.”

“Dios mio. It really is. Nightwing, you really do know her.”

“Okay, back up you guys. Give her room to breathe.” Nightwing stepped up next to me and gestured for everyone to back up. Wow, these kids were so adorable, I already loved them.

“Hey guys. I'm (S/h/n), but you obviously knew that already.” I laughed nervously, smiling at the kids.

“Crash! I'm Bart, but you can call me Impulse. That's my her name.” A bit with Auburn hair, a red-and-white suit, and a visor was holding his hand out to me. I shook it and said hi.

“Oh, yeah that over there is my best buddy, Blue,” Bart said, pointing to a guy in a blue, bug-like suit.

His suit pulled back to reveal his face. “Just call me Jaime,” he said waving.