Disney series: Cheshire - I won't say I'm in love

I had to write something for Cheshire (my wife 💕). I just love her so much 😍 I'm, like, really proud of this one. I tried to keep the pronouns gender neutral for this​ one.

Also, holy crap! 18k reads you guys!! That's amazing!! Thank you to everyone who reads this, I didn't expect nearly as many reads as this.

-Jade's POV-

My mission was simple. Find Dr. Roquette and kill her. Easy. But then those stupid super brats and my sister had to get involved. They kept me from my goal, and that really pissed me off.

But then I noticed a certain (H/c) hero, (S/h/n). I paused for a second, watching them with interest. They quickly noticed me and ran in my direction, drawing their (Y/w). I ran off to where Dr. Roquette was typing away.

I was stopped by (S/h/n) at the door. "Sorry, but I can't let you any further than this." Under my mask, I was smirking.

"Like you could stop me."

-(Y/n)'s POV-

Cheshire's foot went flying at my face. I was quick to dodge it. I tried my best to keep her away from the doctor, but she was much faster than me.

Within a few minutes, Cheshire had me pointed to the wall with a knife held against my throat.

"Nice try, but I've fought better fighters than you before." She loosened her grip on the knife a bit, but still kept it close enough to keep me in place. "You are cute, though, I'll give​ you that. It would be a shame if I had to kill you."

My face turned red. I shouldn't be flattered by that. She's an assassin! I was thinking of ways to escape and stop her, but it was so hard to focus with her so close to me. No! (Y/n), don't think that way!

"Then maybe you should just let me go," I said with a persuasive smile. She didn't budge.

"Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that." Well, I tried. In a flash, Cheshire was pulled away from me by a yellow and red streak.

"Wally?" Just as I had predicted, the red headed speedster was standing over Cheshire. She jumped up and slashed his arm. Wally let out a pained cry, and Cheshire ran off, jumping through the window.

I ran to the window and looked out to see her running below. I cursed under my breath for letting her get away. I turn back to check on Wally.

"Are you okay? That looks​ like a pretty nasty cut." I pointed to the gash in arm. It was bleeding pretty badly. The red blood was starting to stain the yellow of his suit.

"Don't worry about me, beautiful. I'm just glad you're okay. She didn't hurt you, did she?" I shook my head. I didn't feel like she did.

"No, I'm fine, Wally. Honestly."

"Okay. You tell me if she comes back this way, okay babe?" I roll my eyes at the name, but I agree to tell him.

-Jade's POV-

That stupid speedster just had​ to show up, didn't he? God, he's annoying. And just when I was starting to have fun.

That wasn't the last I'd seen of (S/h/n), though. In fact, they started showing up more with each of my missions. Dare I say, I was starting to enjoy our meetings.

Each time, I enjoyed messing with them. I could tell I had an effect on them, judging by the redness of their face.

I'm not sure when I started enjoying it too much. In fact, I think I was starting to like (S/h/n). No, I couldn't be. That would be wrong. I can't have attachments if I'm going to continue my work as an assassin.

But I was for myself more and​ more drawn to (S/h/n) with each meeting. And I think tonight was the breaking point.

I was doing a mission for the League of Assassins, and it was a well-paying job at that. I was successful, but before I could get too​ far, (S/h/n) stopped me.

"Cheshire, fancy seeing you here." Their voice sounded like it was coming from behind me. I turn around, and there the​y are. (S/h/n).

"I could say the same to you. Unfortunately, you're too late. I've already executed the target."

"I know," they say. "Doesn't mean I still can't chase after you." The smirk on my face starts to resemble my mask.

"Good luck trying." I darted across the rooftops expertly. When I looked behind me, (S/h/n) was not too far behind. Impressive.

As I jumped across a building, a rope shot out and tied around my legs. I hit the rooftop with a thud. Looking up, I saw (S/h/n) looming over me.

"Looks like you've caught me," I say. "Now what?"

"Now I hand you in to the authorities." Ooh, so serious.

"Or maybe you should just let me go." That seems to catch them off guard. Didn't expect your words to be used against you, huh? It almost seems like their contemplating it, too.

"I wish I could, but it doesn't work that way." While they weren't looking, I started to pull my legs out of the rope. In seconds, I swept my legs underneath their feet, throwing them​ to the ground.

I straddled them, keeping them against the ground. They weren't slow to realize the kind of position we were in. Their face was extremely red. It was cute, really.

"I wish I could stay longer, but I'm afraid I have to get back to finishing my work," I whisper, slowly inching my face towards theirs. "But don't worry, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon." And with that, I left a very flustered (S/h/n) on the rooftop alone.

I stopped and looked at their blushing face before leaving. Man, I'm in too deep.