Tim Drake x Pregnant!Reader

This was requested by AlexandraRusso7. I'm slowly making my way through requests, so the next ones are being written right now.

Tim and I sat on the couch, laying against each other contentedly. His hand was on my stomach, rubbing it soothingly. We were due to have a child soon, hopefully within the week. We had both decided to keep it a surprise until he/she was born. For a while now, we had been looking for the perfect name, one for a boy and one for a girl, just in case.

"I think Jessica would be a great name for a girl," Tim mumbled.

"Or how about Teresa?" I added. I had always like that name.

"Maybe Andrew for a boy?"

"I like Thomas." This had been going on for a while. Even after nine months, we still had not agreed on a name. We would each come up with something different from each other. "Why is naming so hard?" I say. I never figured we'd have so many problems naming a single child.

"We'll think of something," Tim assures me. I hope he's right. Just then, I feel a painful sensation wash over me.

"Well, we'll have to think of something faster, cuz my water just broke." Tim jumps up and pulls me off the couch. The worry is plain on his face, and he hurries me to the door. It's funny how things like this have a way of happening out of nowhere, right when you least expect it. When the doctor had said within the week, I hadn't expected that to mean today. I was thinking more like a few days from now. But no, the baby just had to come today.

Tim hurried me to the car and strapped me in. He drove as fast as he could without going over the speed limit. "It's okay, (Y/n)," he said. "We'll be at the hospital soon." I nodded through the pain and tried to breath slowly. It was helping a slight bit, but the pain was still unbearable.

After ten more minutes of Tim driving like a madman, we parked in front of the hospital and rushed inside. The receptionist smiled at us when we walked in, and she kindly checked us in. I was taken by some doctors and nurses. They rushed me to another room as my breaths became more labored.

-Tim's POV-

I was worried about (Y/n). I was sitting in the waiting room a bit impatiently. I hadn't heard anything about her condition yet, and it was making me worry. People were staring at me as I tapped my foot against the floor.

I was about to get up and ask the receptionist if she knew anything, but then a nurse walked out and called my name.

"Timothy Drake?" I quickly stood up and walked to her.

"Is she okay? How about the baby? What's happening?" All of my questions came racing out of my mouth all at once. The nurse nodded, though.

"They're both fine, Mr. Drake. You can go back and see them now." As soon as she had said that, I ran through the swinging doors and towards the room I had seen them take (Y/n) into.

I burst through the door and saw (Y/n) laying in the bed with our baby. I grinned and sighed happily. I inched towards the bed, staring in awe at the tiny human that I had helped to create.

"Say hi to your (son/daughter)." I took the baby from her and held (him/her) close. I smile spread across my face just seeing the little thing. (He/She) was perfect, and felt a certain protectiveness over (him/her).

"Hi, I'm your dad." The baby shifted at my voice. "I'm gonna make sure nothing bad ever happens to you." (Y/n) looked at the two of us with a loving gaze.

"My precious babies," she said laughing. I laughed with her, still holding on to our (son/daughter). I was going to have a family of my own. I was excited and scared all at once. I didn't want to fail either of them. Not ever.

"So, we going with Thomas?"

"You know, why not?"

Don't forget to request something, and have a great day 😉