Red Arrow x Reader

Bullets flew past the crate I was hiding behind. This mission was going south, and quickly. The Team and I were greatly outnumbered by criminals, and at this rate, we would risk getting captured, or worse. I took a deep breath and moved out of the cover of the crate. I pulled out my (Y/w), taking down criminals right and left.

One guy tried to come up behind me, but I turned and flipped him. He landed on the ground with a groan. We were still not doing too well, and things were starting to look bad.

Uh, guys? Things aren’t exactly looking good right about now. What do we do? Wally said through the telepathic link. I spotted him across the room fighting off about five or six guys. He didn’t seem like he was having much luck with them either.

We’re gonna have to pull back, Robin said. Just hold them off a bit longer until Miss M can get the bioship in, got it?

Got it, everyone said simultaneously. Three more guys came running at me, all armed with guns. I smirked and drew my (Y/w) again. But before I even had the chance to hurt anyone, an arrow whizzed past my face, sticking in the ground in front of the criminals. It beeped and flashed, then exploded, throwing the criminals back.

I look back in the direction the arrow had come from, right behind me. Standing with his bow in hand was Red Arrow. He had a smirk on his face as he normally did. “Man, do I always have to save you guys?” I rolled my eyes at him and focus back in on the fight.

“I had that, Roy.” He doesn’t seem to believe me, though. He draws back his bow and fires at some guys a few yards away.

“Sure you did. And I’m the president.” I huffed, taking down another bad guy.

“For your information, I would have done just fine without your help. And a world with you as the president doesn't seem like one I’d want to live in, thank you very much.” He laughs and shoots a few more arrows. Our backs press together as we take down more and more bad guys. Seriously, how many of these guys were there?

I have the bioship ready outside, M’gann said. Roy and I pulled away and ran towards the exit. He shot a few guys on the way towards the door, as did I. We were a few feet away from the door when a shot rang out, a bullet headed towards. “(Y/n), watch out!” Roy pulled me out of the way and shot towards the criminal who had pulled the trigger. The guy hit the ground with a thud. My breath came out short and ragged, still shocked by the quickness of the events. I quickly thanked Roy and ran towards the bioship. We boarded and took our seats as the bioship took off.

The ride was silent, no one really wanting to speak. Roy sat in the seat next to me with his arms crossed and a less than pleased look on his face. He never once looked in my direction either.

Inside the cave, Robin and Aqualad went to report to Batman and Red Tornado, and Wally, M’gann, Artemis, and Conner went to the living room. I started towards my room. In the hallway, Roy stopped me, still looking upset.

“What were you thinking, (Y/n)? You weren’t paying attention, and you almost got yourself killed.” I narrowed my eyes at him. What did he care if I did? It’s not like I was doing it purposely.

“It’s not my fault. That’s kinda part of the job, isn’t it? We all go out there knowing that could happen to any of us,” I spat back. His eyes softened a bit, and his grip on me loosened.

“I know, that’s why I worry about you, (Y/n). You’re my friend, and I can’t just watch you die like that.” He cast his eyes downward, looking at his shoes. I turned his head up to look at me. I could just picture those blue eyes of his behind his mask.

“Roy, I’ll be fine. Besides, it’s like you said. You’re always having to save me, right?” I pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. “I’ll be fine if you’re there for me.”

“I promise, nothing bad will happen to you as long as I’m still breathing.” He placed a kiss on my forehead, which made my cheeks flush red. “Hey, do you maybe wanna go get some coffee later?”

I grinned at him. “Are you asking me out, Roy?” He stuttered, which was kinda cute, to be honest.

“I mean, it doesn’t have to be, unless you want it to be.” I laughed at his flustered behavior.

“Sure thing. I’ll be ready later. You know where to find me.” I left him standing in hallways as I walked to my room. Before closing the door, I turned to look back at the spot he was standing in. He pumped his fist, smiling widely like an idiot. I laughed and closed the door.