Arsenal x Reader

This is that one AU where the world is black and white until you meet your soulmate.

-3rd person-

Roy was just arriving at Mount Justice. The computer announces his arrival to anyone inside. Nightwing was standing nearby, surrounded by the rest of the team.

“Well, now that everyone's here, I have some good news.” Everyone perked up at the sound of that. Good news would be great for everyone right now, what with the whole Reach situation right now. “A new hero is joining the team. So everyone be nice.” His glare seemed especially aimed at Arsenal.

-Arsenal’s POV-

“What? Why are you looking at me?” What did I do to deserve a glare? Come on, Nightwing, I'm a nice guy. Most of the time.

“You aren't exactly known for being the nicest person, Arsenal. Especially with newcomers,” Robin said. Pfft, like that means anything to me. Whoever this newbie was, it didn't make a difference to me. Just another hero, right?

The computer announced the arrival of Batman. He marched to the computer and typed some stuff in. Someone else was announced, someone named (S/h/n). They materialized, and all of a sudden, the world changed. Or at least my view of it.

The world looked more vibrant. I could see (S/h/n) standing in front of the team. Her eyes were a lovely (E/c), and her hair was a nice color of (H/c). I caught myself staring at her, and shook my head clear of my thoughts.

I smirked and walked over to her, holding my hand out to her. She eyed my hand suspiciously, but shook it anyways.

“Arsenal,” I introduced myself.

(S/h/n).” She flashed a pretty smile, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit entrancing.

Nightwing coughed and strode over to us. “We're glad to have you on the team, (S/h/n). Let me show you around a bit.” She joined him in walking around the base. I watched her walk, albeit a bit disappointed that she did.

“Someone's in love,” Bart said, whistling. I rolled my eyes and shrugged off his comment.

“Whatever. You losers gonna keep standing here.” I walked towards the kitchen, glancing over at (S/h/n), who was being introduced to everyone else who hadn't been in the mission room. She glanced over at me and smiled. I smiled back and went about my business. I was gonna have to find time to get this girl alone. I mean, I want too worried about anyone else getting to her first after what happened with the world turning colorful all of a sudden. She was my soulmate, so no worries. I was already forming a plan to get her alone. It may or may not have involved the training room. Don't look at me like that, it'll work, just you see.