Impulse x Reader

Requested by ISHIPFORDAYS I finally got to write this amidst all my tests, homework, and projects, so I'm sorry if it sucks and it's kinda short.

Bart and I had been together for quite some time now. After all, we did get married two years ago. Recently we’ve been expecting a child, and any day they were supposed to be born.

We want it to be a surprise, so we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV with Bart. We were both ​silently taking in everything on the screen. My head was leaning against his shoulder, my eyes glued on the screen. I was enjoying myself.

That is, until I felt it. My eyes widened in alarm

“Uh, Bart?”

“Yes, (Y/n)?” He takes his eyes of the TV and looks at my anxious face with concern.

“I think my water just broke,” I say calmly, though I can tell my voice is a bit shaky. Now's the time. It's finally here. Bart's eyes widen, and he picks me up bridal style. He places me in the car instead of running to the hospital for fear of hurting me or the baby at that speed.

I try to take deep breaths until we get there, but I can already feel the pain setting in.

-At the hospital, Bart's POV-

My leg was bouncing up and down as I waited outside. Right now, I could only hope (Y/n) and the baby were okay.

I was starting to get impatient and worry after a while. What if something went wrong? What if something happens to either of them? I shook my head, trying to clear my head of all those pessimistic thoughts. Everything is going to be fine, and I'll get to see my wife and my child soon.

I had almost started falling asleep on the waiting room when a nurse came out and called for me. “Bart Allen?” My head shot up and I hurried over to her.

“Are they okay?” Was my first question. She nods and points behind her.

“They're fine. They're in the room at the end of the hall waiting for you.” I didn't waste any time rushing to the room. When I opened the door, I saw my beautiful wife holding our baby. (Y/n) was smiling down at the child.

“It's a (boy/girl),” she says. I feel my lips tug up into a smile. I pull a chair over and sit, looking at (him/her).

(He's/she's) adorable.” I kissed my wife on the cheek and went back to looking at the baby. I felt a protective the wash over me. “I'm going to make sure nothing bad ever happens to you, (B/n).”

(B/n)? I like that.”