Nightwing x Reader

Five in a row, I'm on a roll guys!

Ever since Artemis's death, everyone had been a bit down. Wally especially wasn't taking it very well. I don't blame him. They had a whole life planned out that they were gonna spend together. He and Nightwing had gotten in a fight not too long ago.

I could tell it was affecting him a lot, on top of leading the team. I found him alone in the training room, repeatedly hitting a punching bag.

“Hey. How you holding up?” He stopped at the sound of my voice. He forced a smile, which I was quick to notice. I frowned as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Fine. Just fine. Can't say that for everyone else.” I sighed heavily. He kissed my forehead, and I looked away.

“Dick, I wish you wouldn't pretend like this isn't affecting to you at all. I can see that it is, yoU can't hide it from me. I wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I couldn't tell these sorts of things.” His smile faded. He pulled apart from me, turning back to the punching bag. He went back to hitting it.

“I know. I just need some time to think, that's all. You shouldn't worry about me, (Y/n).” I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it again. It would be better if I just didn't say anything. It didn't seem like anything I said would do much anyways. Dick could be so stubborn. I left him to train and joined the other team members in the living room.

-Time skip-

For weeks Dick would hole himself up in the training room. I tried multiple times to talk to him, make him come out and socialize. But each time he waved me offline nothing. We were beginning to drift apart.

When the time came to finally put this invasion thing to an end, and Wally had died, Dick went further into his whole of seclusion. After everything was sorted it, and Aqualad was reinstated as leader, Dick pulled me aside.

“I'm going on a 'leave-of-absence’. I need some time away from the team after what happened to Wally.” My heart broke in two just then. Why was he leaving? Could I not say anything to change his mind?

“But…what about me? What about us? We haven't even talked in weeks now.” I know that sounded a bit selfish, but I needed him here. I missed being with him, and the last few weeks had been hell without him.

“I know and I'm sorry. I really am. But I think this time away will be also be good for our relationship.”

Tears started to cloud my vision. I was having a hard time thinking. “W-what are you saying? Are you…are you breaking up with me?”

“No,” he said quickly. “No, nothing like that. It's just what I said, it's some time away. This is more for me than anything, I promise.” He wiped the tears from my eyes and kissed my cheek. “I'll see you around, (Y/n).” I watched him walk off towards the Watchtower’s zeta tube. I wiped my tears and forced a smile as I joined the rest of the team.