Superboy x Reader

I'm switching to 2nd person since I keep unintentionally writing in it.

Conner was mad at you, you could tell. It started when you and the team had gotten back from a mission. On said mission, you had gotten seriously injured from throwing yourself at Icicle Jr. You were fine now, but Conner clearly didn't like how reckless you had been.

“Conner, I was trying to save the team. You know that.” You had argued.

“You almost got yourself killed, (y/n)!” He was very upset. The whole team was watching you guys argue. They were clearly uncomfortable watching the two of you argue.

“I was doing what I thought was right, Conner!” Your fists were clenched tightly. Why couldn't he understand that you found your risk necessary for the team? You were only trying to help out the best way you could, and he was totally blowing it out of proportion.

“You guys are fighting like an old married couple,” Robin cut in through the silence. Your face went red, and you were glaring daggers at the boy. If looks could kill, he'd be dead ten times over. Robin only smiled innocently.

Conner walked away before you could say anything else to him. He walked to his room, his arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed in anger. You huffed and walked towards the zeta tubes. If he didn't want to talk to you, fine. You didn't feel the need to explain yourself to him anyways.

Over the next few days, you and Conner ignored and avoided one another, still too upset to come to terms with each other. The team had made many futile attempts to bring you two together, but you both refused to even be near each other.

“Okay, that's it! If you two don't fix this right now, both of you are going to get seriously hurt! And don't think I wouldn't do it, either!” Artemis was fed up with you guys constantly avoiding each other over something that didn't happen. The two of you had been great friends since you joined the team, and none of the team wanted you two to end it because of something like that. Artemis figured she would help them fix things (so naturally, she turned to threats).

Artemis glared at you and Conner, waiting for you guys to do something. You sighed and hesitantly looked up at Conner.

“I'm sorry I almost got myself killed.”

“ I'm sorry for getting mad at you.” Conner had a hard time saying that, you could tell. “You were only doing the right thing.” That's probably the best you'll get out of him, so you smile and hug him. Conner tenses, but hugs you back a bit awkwardly.

“See,” Artemis said. “Easy.”

She left you two alone after that. The two of you puked away from the hug and looked at each other.

“Just please be more careful next time, okay (y/n)? I don't want you getting hurt.” You pause then nod quickly.

“But only if you promise to do the same. You're not do careful yourself, Supey.” He nods. You're glad to have fixed everything with him