Nightwing x Demigod!reader

This was requested by minecraftplushorses a while ago. I'm really sorry this took so long. I'm working on the next part of the Musical Series right now, too.

I took a seat at my table with the rest of my siblings. My plate began to fill itself with (F/f), and my goblet filled with (F/d). I wasted no time in scarfing down what was on my plate. The buzz of idle conversation filled the dining pavilion. I kept to myself and ate in peace.

I was halfway through my food when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. I swallowed my bite and turned to face whoever it was. When I glanced up, I was met with the smiling face of Dick Grayson, son of Athena.

He gave a small wave before opening his mouth to speak. He nearly stumbled over his words and tried again. “Hey, (Y/n). Can I ask you something real quick?”

“You just did,” I responded. He seemed taken aback by my answer. I laughed at his reaction and nodded. “Of course you can, Grayson.” His smiled returned, and he took a second to regather his thoughts.

“Right. I wanted to ask you if you'd like to see the fireworks tonight with, uh with me,” he said nervously. It was my turn to be surprised. Some of the other girls who had been close enough to hear started murmuring. Most girls in the camp had a crush on Dick, including me.

My mouth dropped open, and I almost forgot how to answer. I snapped myself out of my daze. He looked hopefully at me. “Yeah. Yeah, of course,” I finally managed to say. “I'd love that.”

He sighed in relief. “Then, I guess I'll see you at the beach tonight.” Dick winked at me and went back to the Athena table. Some of his brothers congratulated him and cheered. I laughed quietly to myself. A few of the girls at my table, and some of the others, radiated jealousy. I ignored them and went back to my food.

~Time skip~

I trekked through the sand in the dark. I weaved through other couples and individual demigods until I found Dick sitting by himself. I took a seat next to me, which caused him to turn and look at me. He grinned, showing his teeth.

“You made it,” he said. I pulled my knees into my arms and got comfortable.

“Why wouldn't I?”

“No reason.” We set our gazes back on the sky as popping began to resonate across the beach. I watched in awe as the bright colors lit up the sky in shapes of all sorts.

Dick put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him. I sighed in content and let my head rest against his shoulder. He lay his chin atop my head, and we watched in silence.

So, while writing this, I got sick. Then, when it was halfway finished, I forgot to finish it. And in all honesty, I've been spending more time on Ao3 and Tumblr (like, 95% of my time). That's also been a huge part of why I haven't written much. So, if this doesn't get updated very often, that's probably why, and I apologize in advance.