Nightwing x Reader

You sit on the couch, anxiously awaiting your boyfriend's return. You knew about his nightly escapades as Nightwing.

Every time he went out, you worried. You couldn't be there with him to be sure he was okay.

You get up and walk to the kitchen, and walk back with a glass of water in your hand. You jumped, almost spilling your water, as you see a figure crawling through the window.

"Jesus, Dick. Don't scare me like that!" Dick laughs and jumps down from the window sill. You mumble, "Give me a heart attack, why don't you."

Dick wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him. "I missed you while I was gone." You hum, leaning into him.

"Well I was worried about you. I mean, every night you go out and fight criminals, and I never knew if you're going to come home safely. It scares me, Dick." He turns you by your shoulders and pulls you into a hug. Tears fall from your eyes that you didn't know you were holding back.

"Hey, don't worry, (y/n). I'll be fine. When have I ever not made it home?"

"But that's exactly it." You pull away, looking at him. "You always do, but what if...what if one day, you don't. Then what?" By now, the tears are spilling endlessly, leaving wet trails down to your cheeks. "That thought scares me every time you go out on patrol."

Dick nods and pulls you close again. "I know, and I'm sorry. I'm not gonna stop any time soon, but I'll be careful. I promise." He let you cry, your tears making his costume wet. "I love you, (y/n), and I wouldn't do something so reckless to make you hurt."

Only the sounds of your ragged breathing, as your tears began to stop. "I know you won't."