Damian x Reader

You growled in frustration as you turned the cube-shaped toy, watching the colors get even more jumbled than before. You were trying to solve a Rubik's cube, but couldn't solve it if your life depended on it. You groaned in frustration, chucking the cube across the room.

Damian walked in and stared down at the Rubik's cube in confusion.

"(L/n), what is that thing and why did you just throw it." He picked it up and brought it over to you, examining it as he did. You eyed the thing with hatred.

"It's a Rubik's cube," you explain to Damian.

"A...Rubik's...cube?" He looks to you to explain further.

"It's basically a puzzle. You have to got all the colors the same on each side." Damian nodded in understanding. He turns the cube over in his hands, looking at the colors.

"It can't be that hard, (L/n). I am mentally superior, so it won't take me long to finish." You scoff at him.

"Whatever, Wayne. You won't be able to solve it if even I can't. Trust me."

"Is that a challenge, (L/n)?"

"I believe it is. Whoever wins the bet gets to choose a punishment for the loser." Damian marched off, turning the toy every which way. You laughed and went to occupy yourself while he tried to solve the cube.

Damian walked through the kitchen, still turning the Rubik's cube. He growled in frustration, as he was making no progress. Bruce, who was reading the newspaper, looked at the cube in Damian's hand and smiled slightly.

"A Rubik's cube, huh?" Damian nodded in acknowledgment.

"(L/n) seems to think I am incapable of solving this." He twisted it again, jumbling it further. He groaned and walked on.

He went into the library and sat down to finish the puzzle. He sat for hours, addicted to solving the Rubik's cube. He wouldn't stop until he had every side matching. Unfortunately, the day was coming to an end, and Damian was growing tired. He fell asleep with the cube still in his hand.

You walked into the library looking for Damian. You found him lying on with the cube, sound asleep. You laughed at how adorable and peaceful he looked sleeping. You close the door behind you, letting him rest for the night. You know, right after you took a quick picture. You were so showing it to the others in the morning.

-In the morning-

"Let me guess, you still couldn't figure it out?"

"I will have you know, (L/n), that I have come very close to figuring it out." You crossed your arms, waiting for Damian to admit how hard the Rubik's cube really was.

"Oh really? Then show me." Damian started fidgeting, trying to stall.

"Well, you see I kinda..." He trailed off and sighed. "...Didn't finish it. I admit, it proved more difficult than I had presumed it to be. You were right, (L/n)."

You smirked. Damian Wayne had just admitted he was wrong, which was regarded as a very rare phenomenon. He was not one to openly admit something like that. "What was that? I didn't quite hear you."

"I said you were right, okay?"

"I know, I just wanted to hear you say it again, Dami." You kissed him on the cheek and smiled, satisfied with winning. "I believe that means you have to whatever I say."

Damian gulped. "That is somehow the scariest sentence I've heard." You smirked and walked closer to Damian.

"Don't worry, I've already set up your punishment. Last night actually, while you were asleep." His face paled at the thought of what you might have done. You held up your phone for him to see a picture of himself, asleep on the couch no less.

"I may or may not have sent it to everyone in the house." Damian glared and grabbed for the phone, but you faster. You ran off, stashing the phone in your pocket. Damian was trailing not far behind you.

"(L/N), GET BACK HERE WITH THAT!"

"It's too late, they've already seen it!" You shouted back. You dodged running into Alfred, who almost dropped the tray in his hands. Damian raced passed him, getting closer. You quickly ran into your room and slammed the door shut.

Damian pounded on the door as you held it shut. "(L/n), let me in!"

"No can do, Damian. You're not deleting this. I'm keeping it forever. It's cute."

The pounding ceased. "I..I am anything but cute. I am an assassin, (L/n)."

"Were an assassin, Damian. Were is the operative word there. You're Robin now. And yes, you're very cute. Like a fluffball of anger." You heard Damian sigh through the door.

"Can you at least let me in so I can tell you something?" You were suspicious, of course. Damian can be deceptive if he wants.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"(L/n), just open the door." You sigh and unlock the door for him.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah. Now what did you-" You were cut off by a pair of lips pressed against yours. Your eyes widened on shock. Was this really happening? (A/N: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?) You were so shocked you hadn't kissed back. Damian had mistook this as rejection.

"I should not have done that. I knew you would not reciprocate my feelings. I just had a bit of hope after what just happened and-" You kissed him to stop his rambling.

"You talk too much, Damian."

"Perhaps I should talk more if this is your response." Damian smiled and pulled you in for another kiss. Oh my god, he actually smiled at you. You were totally telling the others later. But for now you'd enjoy this kiss.

This is my way of getting over the fact that I can't solve a Rubik's cube to save my life. I'll probably never figure out how to. Oh well, A for effort, right?