Kid Flash x Reader

My phone vibrated on the table next to me. I set down the book I was reading and picked it up. There was a text from my boyfriend, Wally West. He and I had been together for three years now. I smiled and opened the text.

(Y/n), I'm coming to pick you up at 5. Be ready, and dress nicely ;)

I wasn't sure what he was planning, but I text back an 'ok'. I checked the time on my phone and saw it was 3:30. I had an hour and a half to get ready. I pocketed my phone and ran to my room. I started digging through my closet to find something decent. A nice shirt and a skirt was what I found best suitable for whatever Wally planning for us. I showered quickly, then brushed my messy hair, attempting to tame it. After deeming myself decent enough, I jogged back downstairs. It was 4:50 by now, so I still had some time to kill.

I reopened my book and read quietly, waiting for Wally. At 5 exactly, there was a knock at my door. I smiled and sprang up from the couch. I opened the door to see Wally's smiling face. He was dressed nicely and had flowers in his hand.

"These are for you, beautiful." He held them out for me, and I gasped.

"They're beautiful, Wally. Thank you." I kiss his cheek, making him blush. I giggled and ran to put the flowers on a vase. I gave them water and hurried back to the door. Wally held out his arm for me to take.

"Ready, my lady?" He asked in a terrible accent. I nodded.

"Of course, good sir." We laughed and walked off together. Normally, Wally could have is anywhere in a matter of seconds, but I guess he wanted to enjoy walking.

"So, where are we going, Wally?" He only winked and said it was a secret. I pouted, which only made Wally laugh. We soon came to a very nice-looking restaurant. Wally opened the door for me. "Such a gentleman," I commented. A waiter came and seated us. This time, Wally pulled out my chair for me and pushed me in. I thanked him gratefully.

"What's the occasion? Am I missing something here?"

"Can't I just want to take my girlfriend out every once in awhile?" He said a bit nervously. I cocked my eyebrow, but shrugged it off. He was acting get nervous right now, and I wasn't sure why. We both ordered our food and let the waiter take our menus. Of course, Wally had ordered at least half the menu, what with his metabolism. We chattered for a bit, but by then I seriously had to go to the bathroom. I really should have gone before we left. I excused myself and went off to do my business.

-Wally's POV-

As (Y/n) walked off, I pushed my hand into my pocket. I could feel the velvet box inside it. I had been planning this for weeks now, but now that the time has come, my stomach was churning. I was so nervous, I didn't want to mess this up. I needed everything to go right. The waiter came out with our food, and right after, (Y/n) came back from the bathroom.

"Alright, I'm back. And there's food! Wow, such great timing on my part." I laughed at her as she dug into her food. She had quite the appetite, which was only paralleled by my own. We ate in silence, mostly due to us inhaling our food.

We finished eating and let the waiter take our plates away. I wiped my face with a napkin and took a deep breath. "(Y/n), I have something important to ask you." She tilted her head in confusion. I tried to calm my heartbeat, reassuring myself that everything would go okay, and slipped my hand into my pocket. I stood up and got down on one knee, right next to (Y/n)'s seat, pulling out the box and holding it open.

She seemed to realize where this was going, judging by the surprise on her face. "(Y/n) (M/n) (L/n), ever since I met you, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I always pictured this day in my head, and let me just say it's a lot scarier than I thought it would be. But I'm okay with that. So I'm asking you to be my Mrs. West. (Y/n), will you marry me?"

She covered her mouth, tears of joy streaming down her beautiful face. At a loss for words she nodded and tackled me with a hug. She held out her hand and let me place the ring on her finger. People around started cheering. I had been so focused on not screwing up that I forgot about the other people here. Hey, either way, I finally had the girl of my dreams.