Chapter 33 - Baby Birdie

Names, Please? Now you'll know what it is... name it please.

Y/n's POV

I realised the thing I held in my hands looked like it was on fire, and it was covered in orange feathers. It had an orange beak, and it felt like I was holding a burning puppy. For some reason, the heat didn't hurt me. I found this weird, as the guys and everyone else would flinch back and dip their hands in cold water.

"... It doesn't look much like an alien?" Sophia said, her assumption sounding more of a question. "Is it a duck?" Yailyn stared at the hatchling. "Also, why was an orange bird thing in a green spotted egg?" Charley pondered. It squawked at me, knocking me out of the thought of giving it a name.

"Is it a boy, or a girl?" Brock asked. "Clearly, it's a bird." Annabelle folded her arms. I held it up in front of everyone, Simba style. I then realised, it's another responsibility for me. What does it eat? Where's it's parents? What gender is it? All these questions and no answers, it's confusing. "I know what it is and stuff, it's better if I don't tell you though." Charley smirked. "WHY?" I squealed. The bird squeaked back at me. "I know everything... like what you're gonna do next." She eerily giggled. I ignored her, clearly she's joking.

"Well, I need to discover what this thing eats." I walked into the forest, cradling the fire ball in my arms. "What is you food preference?" I asked it, trying to get it to understand. It began flailing it's wings in the air and fell out of my arms. It squawked, waddling to the lake. It's fire, right? I tried to stop it, but it was already waddling around in the water, pecking at the fish in it. It then lit itself on fire, and the water around it evaporated.

I saw multiple fish flopping around, gasping and trying their best to get to the water. My baby bird disagreed with their choices. It clamped it's beak down on one of the fish and cooked it, eating it in one gulp. The other fish followed behind, meeting the same fate. I guess it eats Fish? Then I remembered we were surrounded by wooden trees. I scooped up the bird creature and ran back outside. Miraculously, the forest wasn't on fire.

"Charleyyyy!" I yelled out, the bird trying to copy my voice. "What?" Charley ran up to me, trying to not die from the fireball in my arms. "What is THIS?" I asked her, concerned. "And Where's it's parents?" She just chuckled, saying "Well, it's a Phoenix. Clearly. And you found it in a metallic tin, so I wouldn't know where it came from." She walked away, not noticing her satchel was now in my baby phoenix's beak. I took it, flinging it at Charley head. She was then knocked into unconsciousness, falling face first into the grass.

I went to look for Silent, since she may have some information on phoenix's. "Mrs Whisper!" I whispered. "What, Y/N?" She sighed from behind me. "Do you know anything about phoenixes?" I asked, turning around. She shook her head, signalling 'no.' I sighed. "Thanks, anyway." I walked away. "Hey Y/n!" I heard someone call out. It was Arlan,  waving his arms in the air. He looks like a flailing arm inflatable tube man, like the ones you see in front of car stores or something.

"Yeah?" I questioned, letting the Phoenix go play. It squawked and ran toward Craig, him being conscious of the danger of the fireball running at him. "I think I know someone who knows something about that bird!" Arlan cheered, smiling. I smiled back. "I hope you're not driving me into something dangerous now, alright?" I joked, him laughing. "Hahahah, no, of course not!" He laughed.

"When, where do they live?" I asked. There's no way I could find out where they lived without being told who they are. "I can drive." He said. "We should also bring the rest of the gang." He added, smiling. "Why?" I tilted my head. He didn't answer, instead just gathering everyone else up. "It may be a little far away, so everyone needs to bring a pillow." He said to them. They nodded, brushing off the fact that they, for some reason, needed to come.

I then shrugged it off, too. I was then tackled by Sophia, falling to the ground with her on top of me. "Hey Y/n~" She giggled. "Let's me gooooo!" I whined, struggling under her grip. "Nope!" She began to lean on me, suffocating me. "Craig, get your weird, gay sister off of Me!" I coughed, trying not to die. "Sophia, as much as I'd like you to kill Y/n, that's illegal." He sighed, pulling Sophia off me. "You're in a gang full of people who rob shops and are being hunted by Police! Isn't that illegal, Too?!" Sophia whined, being dragged away by Craig. We all got into the bus, me having to handle the Phoenix.

"Why was I the only one to be able to hold you without being set on fire?" I asked the baby phoenix. It's stare was full of thought and intelligence, telling me the answer through his eyes. "I don't understand you, buddy." I sighed, petting it. I wish I did, though. I then caught a headache by thoughts crashing into my brain with the force of a train. Can it Fly? How big would it Grow? Will it kill me? I rested my hand on my forehead, feeling a feverish heat.

"I think you've given me a sickness, kiddo." I strained a laugh. It nuzzle into me, tweeting. It's voice seemed even more comfortable now, melodic and as if it were singing. I heard the bus roar to life, the engine spluttering. I pushed out any other sounds aside from my phoenix's melodic song. It drifted me to sleep, calming me for the trip ahead.

Well, name your new child. You have to, here's the birth certificate.
Hope you enjoyed!
Word count: 1028 words.