Chapter 14

🌼Asia Dee🌼

The whole crowd got quiet, even the other team, as TJ shot the ball. Time is running out, if he misses, the other team wins, if he makes it then we win. The score is 38-40, and this being a home game means we have 38 points. TJ made 15 points this game, and I'm usually not big on sports, but I've always liked basketball. Football I like a team, but not big on watching it.

The ball went around the basket as my heart raced faster than it ever has for any sport, I crossed my fingers, not wanting to watch afraid, but knowing I have to. Then the ball went in making the whole gym fill with cheers, as the buzzer beater went off. I couldn't believe it, I'm happy we won, but waiting for the ball to go in almost gave me a damn heart attack.

I wanted to run and jump and give him a hug but there are so many people down there already doing that. I just stayed back and watched with a smile. Crystal jumped on him hugging him, and kissing all on his face. I walked to the bathroom, not wanting to see all of that.

Some other girls came in the bathroom, and I just kept fixing my hair, making sure I'll look good when TJ sees me. After a while of telling myself to fix this and that, I realized TJ don't care, he thinks I'm beautiful regardless. So I walked out of the bathroom and saw TJ talking to what I assume to be his family.

He saw me and waved me over. As I'm walking I hear them questioning him. "When are you going to find you a girlfriend? You're too talented and handsome to be single, I know you have your hoes, but you are going to get tired of-" a woman who he resembles so much that I think it's his mother, said.

"Ma I do, man, look this is her right here." He said walking to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder and we walked over to his family. I was confused but I know he just mixed me up in some shit. Not saying I mind being his girlfriend because I don't, but I'm not, and I don't want to lie to his family face.

"This is my girlfriend Asia, she come to every game and practice. So y'all can leave me alone now." He said as I just smiled. "Yeaaa," I said looking up at him giving him the 'did you lose you mind?' Face, and he gave me the 'Just play along' face.

"So how long have you two been together? I would've thought he would've bought you home by now." She said looking at me. "Well we aren't exactly on that stage yet, we are taking things slow." I said with a smile. "Well we know you know, so you have to come have dinner with us tonight." She said and I knew she wasn't taking no for an answer so I went.

We all walked to the school parking lot, and everyone started going to their separate cars, and TJ led me to his. His hand had slipped down to my waist, I guess trying to make the whole lie, a lot more believable. He leaned over to me as we are side by side. "Just go along with it, I needed to get them off of my back." He whispered into my ear.

"I figured," I said as he opened the passenger's door for me, and I got in. He closed the door before I could, then walked and got in the car himself. He started the car, and started driving to his house. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to, I just wanted them to leave me alone." He said and I laughed a lil and looked at him.

"It's fine, I know how pushy families can be." I said and he smiled. "You haven't met mine yet," he said and I smiled. "They can't be as bad as mine," I said and he shook his head. "You'll see," he said and I thought about it for a second.

"Why do they want you to have a girlfriend anyways?" I asked and he kept his eyes on the road. "I don't know, they just want me to because they say I'm too talented and handsome not to have one. But I don't just want anybody, and I don't want a girl who's too caught up in herself, always worrying about her makeup, and what other people think, I'm tired of those.

I just want a calm, secure, and happy girl who's down to earth. I just want to be in a relationship, and not have her say shit like, let's show your ex that you're mine, let's take pictures to look happy, spend money on me, buy me this, buy me that. I don't mind spoiling my girl, but for her to demand that shit is not my thing.

It's too many materialistic girls out there, who are conceited, selfish, and they are just not for me. I always tell them that, so that's why I said you are my girlfriend, because you aren't any of those things." He said before glancing over at me.

"Thanks,.... I think." I said confused if I should be thanking him. "Yea, it was a compliment." He said and I nodded. We pulled up at his house and it's really nice. "You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to, just greetings are fine." He said and I just gave him a small laugh.

"I'm going to be ok TJ, I know enough about you to get through this dinner." I said and he just stared at me for a second. "Okay," he said and we got out of his car. I opened and closed my door on my own, before he can do it because I can do it myself.

We walked to his door, this being the first time I've ever been to his house before. It's not far from mine, and it's definitely not far from the playground. The playground is behind his house, no wonder he saw me that night.

Everyone started coming in the house, and I just prepared myself for hella questions they may ask, knowing they will ask questions.