Chapter 16

🌼Asia Dee🌼

After listening to TJ talk and laugh with his cousins, who all came over his house, filling it up by the second, I just stood by his side following him, not knowing what to say to his family, and not wanting to be left alone to lie to them. "Yea foo, ard but hold on. I'll be right back." He said to his cousin. He looked over at me and I just smiled.

"Come on, we going up stairs." He said placing his hand on my lower...lower back. "Timothy Johnson," a big tall man said making TJ look at him. "Wassup Unc," he said dapping his uncle up.

"I just got finished talking to your aunt out front, I heard you're a beast on that court. Keep it up, man." He said making TJ smile. "Yea man, scouts bout to start coming out. They already sending me mail and shit, they tryna see me ball." He said with a smile.

"Oh yea? That's good man, you know I used to play ball back in my days," he said and TJ waved him off with a smile looking to the side. "Man get outta hea wit allat, we all know you burnt out. We tired of hearing those old stories." He said making his uncle laugh. "Nah, I'm just a lil rusty around the edges, that's all." He said and TJ waved him off again.

"If you say so man," he said and his uncle looked at me then TJ. "I heard you got you a little model girlfriend, is this her?" He asked and TJ smirked and nodded. "Yea, this Asia. Asia this is my Uncle Cole." TJ said and we shook hands. "It's nice to meet you," I said with a smile.

"You too, she's a pretty one Tim. I didn't think you would've ever have another girlfriend afta the last one, I thought you was gonna be hittin' and passin'." His Uncle said changing his mood for a blink of an eye, then he was back to normal as if that last sentence didn't mean anything to him.

"Whatchu know about that? Auntie got yo ass wrapped around her finger, you wouldn't even be able to look at another female." He said in a joking manner to hide his true feelings. "I know plenty, like I said, I used to play ball. I used to have all the honeys, your Aunt is just the only one that stood out from the rest and now look at us." He said and TJ just smiled and shook his head.

"Yea ard Unc, but I'm about to head upstairs for a bit." TJ said and his uncle nodded his head. "Where your mother at? I need to have a word with her," His uncle asked. "Kitchen about to start on dinner," he said before his uncle went in that direction.

"Ard, come on." TJ said grabbing my hand and entwining our fingers gently, making my heart skip a beat. We walked upstairs and we walked down the hall to a door, that he opened and I'm assuming it's his bedroom. We walked in and he sat on the side of his bed before laying back.

I just sat down, taking in the scent of his room. It smells like him of course, and everything is neat and organized. He has a few basketball posters up that are autographed, and a basketball net on the back of his door with a basketball on his night stand.

"How come you didn't ask or offer Crystal to be your pretend girlfriend? At least then it would be more believable considering she's a cheerleader and you two looked pretty close on the court." I asked and he shook his head. "Nah, I chose the right person." He said making my heart race and my face heat up, then I looked back at him.

"But you two probably could've turned into a real couple if you liked her enough, I mean pretending can get normal, and normal might turn into an unbreakable friendship and probably relationship." I said and he sat up. "Crystal and I already dated, and I'm not looking to date her again Asia." He said sounding a bit annoyed.

"Not to be in your business or anything, but what happened? You two would be a cute couple." I said and he shook his head. "It's not all about looks Asia, besides they can be very deceiving." He said and I feel like I should stop asking questions, but I really want to know now.

"Explain," I said and he gave me this look and I got chills because I got a little nervous, because I know I'm asking too many questions. "I don't want to talk about it, it's not something I like to think about or talk about, so just leave it at that." He said harshly, and I felt my confidence drop low.

Things got quiet and he laid back down and I sat with my back to him, as we are in complete silence now. We stayed like that for a good five minutes, me feeling like he needs some space for right now. "She cheated but kept accusing me of cheating, even though I wasn't but could've. So many girls, even her friends, was tryna fuck and I said no for her. But it would've been easier to say yes, because they all look good.

But no, I tried to be the opposite of what she was telling me I was, and it turns out she was cheating. I broke up with her, and it wasn't a good one, especially since we were in public. She made a scene and embarrassed herself, and I just left her there to do her.

Now she try to be all up on me, telling me she love me still, and I am her first love and how she want me back. But I just push her away because I don't got time for that shit, it's a distraction, and I don't need any of that while I got scouts coming to see me play.

I don't need any extra stress or drama in my life, because I need to focus on my main goal and the big picture." He said as I looked back at him as he spoke, as he stared up at the ceiling before looking over at me.

"Oh, well you did the right thing if you ask me." I said and he nodded. "I know, that's why I don't regret it." He said and we got quiet again. "Do you know when you'll have your own photoshoot?" He asked me and I nodded. "Sometime this week, we haven't decided yet." I said and he nodded as he tossed the ball in the air.

"Ard let's go back down stairs to see if dinner is done." He said and I stood up. It feels like tonight we can't hold a whole conversation alone. It's probably because I'm nervous about being his pretend girlfriend.

If this were Chris and Aubrey, Chris would go above and beyond knowing what to say, how to act, and what to do and how to do it. She would've done better than what I'm doing, she's just a natural at this type of stuff. She would've made Aubrey really want to be with her, and they probably would be laughing and having a good time while she's freely talking and joking and bonding with his family.

They would love her, they would adore her. She's a free spirit with lots to give. Me, well I'm as stiff as a stick. I don't want to be left alone, I don't know how to spark up the conversation, it's just all too much for me. What's easy for her is hard for me, and it's not fair. It's like she got all of the good traits and genes.

We went downstairs to have dinner and the whole family is sitting at this big gigantic table, and talking and laughing. They would ask me questions here and there, but nothing too drastic.

By the time it was time for me to leave, I was happy to be able to breathe fresh air instead of being questioned and smothered like a pork chop. The car ride back to my house was silent, and it was also silent when we walked up to my porch. I wasn't sure if we would really say anything to be honest.

"Thanks for the whole acting thing, I hope it didn't make you feel weird or anything." He said and I shook my head ready to lie once again. "Not at all, I was fine." I said and he nodded. "Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow." He said before hugging me.

Man I hope he kisses me!

"Goodnight Asia," he said before staring at me waiting for me to go inside. "Goodnight TJ," I said dying for a kiss, but I know I'm not getting one. I opened the door and walked inside, and he walked off of the porch heading to his car.

I watched him out of the window, as he pulled off. I bet Chris would've gotten a kiss tonight, hell she would've already gotten a kiss before tonight. Probably the first day if she would've let him.