Chapter 20

🌼Asia Dee🌼

I had just got out the shower, wearing nothing but my bra and panties. I climbed into bed and got under my blanket, then closed my eyes. After a good five minutes, my phone started ringing. I rolled over, and reached for my phone, patting my nightstand. My hand grazed my phone and I pulled it off of the charger and brought it to my face to see who it is.

I can barely see because I am in complete darkness, and the phone is bright as hell. I was about to say fuck it, and put it down, but I saw it was TJ so I answered. "Hello," I said closing my eyes as my phone laid on my face. "Hey, are you up?" He asked and I wanted to say no, but I want to know what's going on.

"Yea, why?" I asked and he blew out a deep breath, and I sat up. "What's wrong?" I asked and he was quiet for a second. "Om, can you come out?" He asked and I pulled the blanket off of me. "Yea, I'm getting up now. I'll be at your house in a few minutes, five tops." I said looking around my room to find something to slip on.

I saw his shirt that he gave me when his cousin spilled her Pepsi on mine. I grabbed it and put it on. "No you don't have to do that, I'm already outside." He said as I looked for some leggings. "Fuck it," I said before grabbing a pair of my shoes and slipping them on.

"What?" He asked and I realized I said it out loud. "Oh, no not you. I was looking for some bottoms and I don't have time to search." I said and he chuckled. "You can take your time Asia, I'm not going to leave you. I'll still be outside," he said and I stopped and smiled.

"I know, but you sound like you need me and I don't want to take my precious time." I said opening my room door. "It'll be fine, it's okay." He said and I rolled my eyes. "No it's not TJ," I said racing down my stairs and going to the front door. "Asia," he said as I unlocked the door.

"Stop, I'm coming out. I'm at the door now," I said opening the door. I walked onto the porch to see him standing there. He turned around and gave me a little smile. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back silently. I pulled halfway away from the hug, as my arms are still around his neck, and his around my waist, as I stared into his eyes. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked worriedly. He just stared into my eyes as if he were searching for something.

"Don't worry about it, I just wanted to see you." He said trying to push it aside. "TJ talk to me, please. You can trust me, do you trust me?" I asked searching in his eyes for the truth. "Yes I trust you Asia," he said and I'm not sure if it's true. "Don't lie to me TJ," I said pulling away from the hug and walking away.

He grabbed my wrist stopping me, but I didn't turn to look at him, I kept my back to him not wanting to be lied to. "You looked me in the eyes and lied to me." I said with my back still to him. "I didn't lie to you Asia," he said and I turned and looked at him.

"I couldn't tell if you were telling the truth or lying, but I thought you were lying because you don't lie to me, I can always see the truth in your eyes, and I didn't see it." I said and he shook his head. "I don't trust many people Asia, so I try not to put myself in situations. That's all," he said and I nodded knowing he's telling the truth.

"If you trust me, why don't you talk to me?" I asked staring into his eyes. "I don't want you to worry, I don't want you to treat me with sympathy." He said and I shook my head. "TJ I'm not going to force you to tell me what's going on, but if you ever want to talk about it I'm here." I said and he nodded.

We got quiet and I realized I left out the house with no jacket, coat, or bottoms. I felt the goosebumps spread across my skin as I shivered. "Here," TJ said taking off his jacket and putting it on me. "No, keep it, I don't need it. You need to be warm," I said taking it off, but he put it back on me.