In the Rocky Mountains: Chapter 21

Song of Love chapter 21

Rin pov-

I ran as fast as I could, not looking back. I bumped into many people, ignoring the swear words directed to me. I didn't dare look back. I got my phone out and tried dialing someone, anyone. I just wanted someone to save me. I clicked on the first person on my contact list, and pressed call. Guess who I called?

Len pov-

I was practicing playing the piano, when my phone vibrated. I barely noticed it was vibrating 'til it hit the floor for vibrating too hard... hehe. Dirty joke. Anyways, I picked it up real fast and answered the call. "Yellow?"

"Len! Help... me! Someonesfollowingmeandidontknowwhattodo-*cough*"

"Woah! Slow down Rin! What's wrong? Where are you?"

"Just call the cops and... meet me at ...*pants* the...the mall! It involves you, too, but I can't explain."

And with that, she hung up, and I immediatly dialed 911.

Rin pov-

I stopped for air and looked around. I didn't see the guy, but the mall did look less crowded than before. Where did everyone go? I turned around, and bumped into someone. "S-sorry." I looked up and was mugged by that guy in the suit and tie. Next thing I knew, drowsiness took over me, and a chorus of gasps and concerns followed.

Len pov-

After I called the cops, we went to search for Rin. There was a small search party. I told them to look for someone who looked exactly like me, but female. It's been, like, half an hour, and we have not found her yet. I was looking for Rin with the main police officer, when his radio was making static sounds. "Guficel speaking, mmhmm, kay, roger that." He turned to me.

"My staff was lookin' at the security cameras and found out about her disappearance." My eyes widened, and he kept talking. "We also asked many witnesses, and we know for sure that she was kidnapped." I snapped. "You guys can find her, though, right? RIGHT?" anger took over me when he shook his head. "Sorry, no can do. The mugger probably wants the girl for money, so he/she might contact her parents and ask a certain amount of money."

I let that sink in. I was silent for a moment, wondering what to do. "We're going to have to call the professionals, son. This is for the people from the FBI." He said.

"Why the FBI?"

"'Cause the guy who took her is the #1 criminal in Colorado."

Rin pov-

I awoke with a start. I smelled gun powder and... blood. My head was throbbing. I tried to reach for my head but my hands were numb. I didn't even have my jacket. I was freezing cold. There was a clock in the room. It read 6:07. So I wasn't out for too long. There was a window, and I looked outside. There was snow as far as the eyes can see. We must be up in the Rocky Mointains, I thought.

I heard someone walk towards the door. I froze. I layed back down and pretended to sleep right when the door creaked open. I squeezed my eyes shut, and the person left. After the person left, I took a better view of the room, and now I know why it smelled like gunpowder.

There was barrels of it all around me! Maybe I should try breaking the window to escape? Is it even worth a try?

I stood up only to see that the window was way too thick for me to kick through. A chill ran down my back. "So your a wake now, sleeping beauty." I turned towards the voice, and hopefully it was who I thought it was....