From the Mountains, to Aspen, to Lakewood, to Denver

Song of Love chapter 26

Rin pov-

I have no idea what that dream meant. Was it that I was becoming crazy? Was it a warning? Was it JUST a dream? I don't know. But then again, I never know anything . But one thing is for sure- I looked good in that dress. Don't think I'm conceited!' It's just the truth...Back to reality.

So, we are already out of Aspen. In fact, we're in Lakewood now. Just one more mile and we'll be back home to Denver. By 'we' I mean Leonardo and I... and his secret disguise guy. Here is a flashback to what happened 30 min. ago:

I was sleepy, and we were heading to Lakewood. For some reason, the car engine stopped. "Leo, why'd you stop driving?"

"Because I'm here to pick up the guy I was telling you about."

The guy who's gonna disguise us?"

"Yup."

We waited for 5 minutes, and a red haired guy ran to our car. "Leo! 'Sup man! I haven't seen you since... Who's the chic?"

He pointed at me, and had a pervy look on his face. Leonardo then said,"She's Rin. Your going to disguise both of us, okay?"Leo signaled to the back of the truck. I didn't notice before, but the guy had a white suitcase with him, probably filled with disguises.

He put it on the back of the truck, and came to sit between me and Leo. It got kinda crowded in the car. "Who exactly are you?" I asked. "Name's Zack. I'm 16 and dropped out of high school,but I make a living out of disguising agents like Leo."

"So your part of the CTO?" "Nah. I pretty much help whoever. It's also in the rules that you can't harm people like me, because if i, for example, dressed you up to look like a boy, and I told another agency, I would have a death penalty. If others try to get info. out of me, they can get the death penalty, too." "Oh." That got me depressed thinking about that, so we stopped talking.

§§§§§back to present§§§§§

After that, we kinda just got quiet. I looked at the scenery Lakewood had to offer, which wasn't much. I read the blue street signs to pass the the time. I saw Belmar,the gigantic mall they had here. The theatre was near there,and right now,a lot of movies were on. I saw in red letters movies like 'The City of Bones','Paranormal Activity:The Marked Ones','Incidious Chapter 2','Frozen',and a bunch of other movies.

I started thinking how me and Len could have our date there. I mentally slapped myself. I shouldn't think about casual stuff like that. Right now the CTO still wants me. I have to think about how that will affect the others around me. Whenever I was doing something related to the CTO,I would always sing a song to myself so I could keep myself stable and not go completly crazy.

As I thought about that, I was accidentally singing that song out loud, but Leo and Zack didn't stop me. I sang my heart out, letting them know how much heart I put into it. I sang my most favorite song in the world, and I calmed down a little. I sang Bad Apple, in case you couldn't figure it out. But I stopped midway.

I suddenly just thought of Len and when he played the piano for me. Leo and Zack looked at me curiously, and I finished the rest of the song, feeling it would be best to finish it. Just for Len.

Len pov-

After that phone call, I felt a bit better. I can protect Rin now. I won't be just standing there, watching everything happen. I'm gonna protect her by being part of the Wolf Pack. I don't understand the part about the NYC or whatever that other group was called, but they told me that someone would come and teach me.

Len-kun: it's called the CTO. How dumb are you?

Me:*ignores*

Len-kun: you are sooo mature. Not.

Me:*still ignoring*

Len-kun: I bet your not gonna keep that up for long.

Me:*still ignoring*

Len-kun: okay! Fine! In sowy! Don't be like that, bro!

Me: *feels guilty*I'm sorry, too.

Len-kun *works everytime*

Me: what?

Len-kun: Nothing. Nothing.

Ooookaaay? So while I waited, I played piano to calm myself down. But I couldn't calm myself down. I was too busy pouring my feelings out on the song I was doing, which reminded me of Rin. What song? Well, this was her #1 favorite song,which was also my favorite song. Bad Apple.

In the middle of the song, I stopped playing. I don't know why, but it felt like Rin was there with me, singing along with the piano. Did I miss her that much? Oh well, I'll just finish the rest of the song, just for Rin.

Rin pov-

After I sang the rest, Zack got rowdy and started whistling such a high note that I swear I saw the rear-view window crack. "That was awesome! I didn't really understand the words but one thing's for sure; you, my friend, have talent!" He stared at me in awe, and I blushed from embarrasment. Leo was also looking at me, and he looked speechless.

But then he put his poker face on and asked, "Why'd you sing?"

I was shy to say but then I told him why. "It calms me down whenever I need to, you know, calm down." I said that barely above a whisper.

"Damn! Since you guys are on-the-run, you could so totally make money on the streets by singing!"

"Zack!" Leonardo snapped.

I was confused. "Leonardo, what does he mean by 'on-the-run'?"

Leonardo tried changing the subject by saying, "We're in Denver now."

He was right, though. I saw how the street signs weren't blue like the ones from Lakewood, but they were green as they should be in Denver. But one thing was off- there was so many people who looked scared.

And as if on cue, I saw a lot of people in suit and ties pop out of knowwhere and started ordering people around. They were also checking people's cars and takig money. In front of us, 3 guys in suit and ties were examining the car, and we were next.

They were doing this on the roads around us, stopping people and holding up pictures. I swore I saw some yellow in the picture and black in the other. Wonder who those people are in the picture(I think sarcastically).

Obviously me and Leo are being searched for. Better ask him about that later. But right now, our problem was getting caught by them. "So what do we do now?" I asked, wondering what their plan is."This is the part where Zack uses his magic and disguises us." Leonardo said.

Rinny-chan: oooo! Can I be part of the action too? Pleeeeeaaasseeee?

Me: whatever. Yeah. As long as you keep quiet.

Rinny-chan: *puts black sunglasses on, gets a tux out of knowhere, puts 'Back in Time' by Pitbull on chibi iPod* I feel like Will Smith in 'Men in Black'!

Me: no time for movie references. Just stay quiet before these guys think I'm crazy for blanking out too much.

Rinny-chan: Rinny-chan thinks it's too late for that.

Zack and Leonardo looked at me and asked if I was okay, but all I said was, "Hurry up and do your 'magic'', Zack. We don't have all day." And this was the start of yet another obsticle. Hope I stay alive long enough to see Len again...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sowy for not updating yesterday :-( but, like I said before, the longer it takes, the longer the story will be. Like I said, I will always update daily, but so far, wi-fi is being a bitch to me. I can barely update and chat and stuff, so sowy if I get u mad for some reason! Btw I'm just winging it so if u hav any ideas and stuff, I'd be happy to take ur advice :-D hope it updates 'cause if it don't, all of this will disappear, and I will be pissed. Now let the odds be in my favor...

~Samantha-chan