No Way Out: Chapter 24

Song of Love chapter 24

Rin pov-

I looked around the room, desperate to find a way to escape. Nope. Doesn't look like there's a way out besides the door. Maybe if I... stick up to Leonardo's .... harem-like expectations, then I could catch him off guard..... I don't think it's a good plan but what have I got to lose? Oh, yeah, my breakfast.

I listened closely, and he was still on the phone. I have the feeling that he might be back. Maybe while he's gone, I'll take this chance to look irresistible.... haha! Nice joke, Rin. No, I'll just play the innocent type. Of course I can't pull off being seductive! I know I might screw my chance in escaping, and if I do, I'll be freezing cold out.

Why? Well remember how that jerk stole my hoodie while I was unconcious? Well, yeah, if I go out like this, I'll be welcomed by the freezing snow. That's what happens when you live in Colorado-you can freeze to death here(not really). All I have on is my dress from my date, and it's dirtier than ever. Len.

Aw, man, I'm thinking about him again. 'Stop thinking about him, Rin. You'll feel bad and start'... I teared up a little. I admit, I miss him. Ugh, there goes the cry-baby side of me. Better hide that side of me. I know there's no way out in being a CTO agent. I know there's no choice for me, so might as well give up. But what I hate most is that I don't think I can trust anybody... not Leonardo, not my mom, not the cops, not the government, not even Len.

Man, Leonardo better come soon so I can try to escape. I'm thinking too much about this stupid situation... 5 minutes passed, and he finally hung up on whoever he was talking with. This must be an old cabin house, because the floor screeched and squeeked, indicating that he was running to the room. He unlocked the door, which had, like, 10 locks in it. He swung open the door, and he seemed like he was in a big hurry.

He grabbed my hand and held me princess-style." Let me go!" I yelled. "SHUT UP!" He said and I kept quiet. He ran out the door and tripped. We both toppled over each other, snow slapping my bare skin. We rolled down a hill, and when we stopped rolling, he was on top of me.

Suddenly, I heard an explpsion come from the house. Bits of debree fell from the sky, and Leonardo shielded me with his body and his big coat. I peeked through his arm and saw that the snow around us became black and gray. I coughed at the smoke being produced from the cabin. How did this happen? I faced Leonardo, only to have a tear land on my cheek. Leonardo was crying.

"This wasn't supposed to... damn it!" He whispered.

Len pov-

I tried calling Lola so I could talk to Lucy, but the line was cut off. I was too stressed. What was happening to Rin right now? What if she needs me?  Today was supposed to be a relaxing Saturday, but now it became a search for another missing person. But the cops won't do much. There's already millions of people missing everyday! I can't believe it was just yesterday when we had our first date. It feels like a year.

Rin pov-

Once the smoke cleared up, I could see Leonardo's face better. He definitely was crying. But why? As if reading my mind, he said, "They took them. The CTO took my sisters. Now they have to live the life of a murder, they will have the same life as us. Always running away, not trusting anyone. They weren't satisfied with me anymore. I don't know why, but they don't need me. Now they took my sisters, and they will also become criminals."

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Woah. Lola and Lucy will become criminals?! Why would the CTO do this? Are they still interested in Rin? What will Len do to help? Can you believe it's barely a Sunday in the story? It's been like 3 days since school started! Well, that escalated quickly. Stay tuned as I keep updating daily for you guys!

~Samantha-chan