Healing

HEATH

She was getting better at the least. Three days on and the throbbing in her knee was fading, her back was gradually getting better and she was starting to walk.

Her being hurt changed me even more, I was usually bossing people around to do stuff for me, but for the first time in years, I helped someone else. I cooked for her, bought her snacks and clothes, looked after her when she was hurting, made calls for her, gave her tablets and drinks, also helped her out of bed and walk around the apartment when she needed to go places.

"Thank you Heath." Eve sighed sinking into the sofa after I helped her out of our bedroom.

"It's nothing, I would help you always." I smiled softly back pecking her cheek.

She smiled up at me, it made my heart ache in a good way.

"Would you like anything?" I asked pulling her hair out of her face.

Her face scrunched into a face of thought, then she smiled. "Yes." She replied a smile in her voice.

"What?" I stood up ready to get her what she needed, but in stead she grabbed my hand and pulled me down to sit next to her.

"I would like to be with you. Heath I owe you an apology I judged you before I had even got to know you, I thought you was a stuck up snob, but your not, you kind, sweet and sensitive and....... I love you." She told me seriously looking into my eyes.

"I'm sorry too, Eve I should have been kinder. Thank you for what you said, I love you too." I replied my eyes tearing slightly as I fell into her gaze.

"That's okay. I forgive you." She replied slowly as she closed her eyes and moved towards me.

I moved quicker though and grabbed her neck, pulling her into my arms. She whimpered and I loosened my grip remembering her back was still sore. She then relaxed and hugged me closer. Her lips were soft and she was smiling as she wrapped her arms round my back. It lasted about two minuets before she ran out of breath and pulled away, I smiled at her reluctance to pull away.

"Let's get you to bed." I said looking at the clock which showed it was ten past eleven.

"Okay yea." She smiled before I helped her up and walked her to our room.

After she and I were changed I got her a drink of water and helped her into bed I turned the lights out and just laid in bed watching her fall asleep.

EVE

"Staring at me isn't helping me sleep." I told Heath as I felt his eyes looking at me.

"I want you to fall asleep before I do, but sorry I will look away." He replied in the darkness.

"Why do you want me to fall asleep first?" I asked rolling over to face him.

"I want to make sure you are okay...." He replied shyly, which shocked me.

"Really?" I asked my eyes wide, he chuckled.

"Yea, now go to sleep." He chuckled quietly.

"Okay." But instead of letting him roll away from me, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him too me. "Stay here I will fall asleep quicker." I told him hugging him and burying my neck under his chin. He wrapped his arms around me, kissed my head, and said no more.

Gradually I fell asleep, letting my body heal through the night.