The visit

EVE

I woke up suddenly, realising I was laying on top of Heath, but the reason I had woken up was the fact the door bell just rang.

"Heath." I whispered shoving his arm and jumping off him to grab my dressing gown, along with Heath's.

"What?" He groaned.

"The door..." I hissed, his eyes widened and he leaped of grabbed the dressing gown and ran to the door. He peered through the peek hole looking for who was there. He sighed in what sounded like relief and went to open the door, but I stopped him.

"Who? Who is it?..." I jumped in suddenly.

"You'll want to see this person." He smiled then opened the door slowly.

Once it was open I gasped and my heart leaped out of me. Lucy stood at the door, along with an unfamiliar looking guy.

"Lucy!" I burst out running and pulling her into a tight bear hug.

"Eve I'm so sorry I left." She squeezed me before pulling away.

"It's fine, Lucy I understand. How's your mother?" I replied letting her and her guy friend in.

"She's getting better, slowly..." She breathed trying to sound brave.

"I'm sure she will be fine...why you come back?" I asked as me and Lucy sat down on one sofa and Heath and the guy on the other.

"I felt bad, I needed to make sure your okay." She whispered sadly.

"We are...okay I guess." I replied smiling lightly.

"Oh, this is Joe, ummm...he was friends with Zack, but! He left him as we are now boyfriend and girlfriend." She emphasised the but when she saw my panicked look.

"Good, because I was going to say..." I relaxed "hi Joe." I smiled facing him.

"So you are as pretty as they say." He grinned sheepishly.

"Awwrh, stop, but thanks." I laughed awkwardly (I wasn't good at taking compliments.)

"Yea stop." Lucy and Heath said at the same time. I laughed harder.

"It's not funny Evie." Heath told me his face like rock.

"Sorry..." I whispered stifling a giggle.

We all sat in silence for a minuet when I remembered Lucy didn't know.

"Lucy I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"Oh Eve!! That's great congratulations, no I'm defiantly not going back to New York." She cheered happily.

I looked at Heath who was smiling proudly at me. I grinned and bowed my head in shyness.

"Any chance we could stay here?" Joe asked kindly.

"Well as long as you two are okay with sharing a bed-" I started.

"It's fine. I'm fine, as long as you are Lucy." Joe interrupted.

"Sure!" She winked and then Heath showed Joe to the room as Joe needed the toilet.

"So do you know what gender, little girl or little boy?" Lucy started girl talk.

"It was a surprise, but Zack ruined it and told me it was a girl which I've found out it is, as I called the hospital to see if he was right." I replied sadly.

"Oh Evie, he is and idiot, just be happy. Your having a baby! A baby girl! That's brilliant!" She tried to cheer me up.

"Yea I know." I smiled gratefully.