Strange

ZACK

"Joel she is friends with my brother..." I told him sternly.

"So? Your trying to tell me I can't date?" He snapped raising an eye brow.

"you can, just not her!" I exclaimed pushing him into my car.

"I love her Zack!" He yelled stepping out the car.

"Joe, I don't care, get in the car..." I breathed trying not to punch him.

"Zack we're not kids anymore you can't push me about, I'm my own person!" He said pushing me back.

"Joe, I don't want to hurt you, so do yourself a favour, and get in the car..." I told him through gritted teeth.

"You won't hurt me..." He whispered vividly, then went to punch me. I blocked him with my arm, then grabbed his wrist and squeezed it, I could feel his bones grinding under my force, he flinched, before clenching his other wrist and going to throw a punch again.

"Zack you can't hurt me..." He snarled, I could see people around us beginning to look.

I ignored his comment and prepared for his punch, he moved his hand up, but surprised me by kicking my shin, then kneeing my stomach. I doubled over letting go of his hand. I groaned and moaned for what felt like many dizzy minuets, then looked up and saw Joe running away.

I straightened up and ran awkwardly after him. "Joe!" I yelled angrily. Then sprints as quick as I could, he gave a worried look back at me, then ran faster having the advantage of a painful less stomach.

I chased him through the airport dodging people as well as I could, I saw flickers of Joe, and followed the yelps coming from people Joe had evidently pushed and shoved out his way.

I ran and ran until Joe was gone...I continued to run, not caring a bit when I pushed a little girl out the way causing her to go flying.

I couldn't see him anywhere, how strange...

JOE

I hid behind the wall near the men's toilets till I saw Zack run past, then I jogged, since I was out of breath, back to the exit. I glanced around trying to see Lucy, I began to lose hope when I saw her walking through the car park. "Lucy!" I yelled at the top of my voice. She whirled round then grinned when she saw me.

"Oh my, I was so worried, I didn't want to leave you." She gasped when she got to me.

"Don't worry about me, but where are you going?" I asked quickly.

"Hospital, why?"

"Could I come with you, Zack is looking for me, please..." I begged pulling her away.

"Sure, okay." She smiled then, took my hand lacing our fingers, as we walked over to a cab.

I opened the door like Gentleman and signalled her in. She grinned blushing as she jumped in shooting our destination at the driver.

"Okay, Mr Miss." He replied then started the engine driving away.

As I looked out the window, I saw Zack standing at the exit glaring at me, his eyes vivid, he looked scary, that wasn't the friend I first met.

EVE

"Three hundred thousand?" Heath asked the landlord.

"Sounds good to me." The jolly fella smiled at me and Heath.

"Great." Heath replied signing a cheque.

"So you must be the. Mrs Carllton?" The chubby man asked.

"Yea, that's me."

"I'm every happy for you." He smiled, his four chins shaking as he chuckled.

"Thanks." Heath interrupted.

"Well are you wanting to move in today?" He asked.

"Yes, if that's okay." Heath handed him the cheque.

"That's fine. Here are the keys." He gave us a chain of keys and had his assistant show us out.

Once on our way I looked at Heath, his face was taut, and a hard line, no glimmer of happiness evident on his handsome features. He looked stressed and his eyes were raw red. I could see he hadn't slept in a while, then again neither had I. I felt sorry for him, because I felt hopeless, like something that shouldn't be here. His whole face was in pain, I could tell. I wanted to make him happy, but I had no idea how to soften his face, and make him the Heath I knew and loved again...

****

"It's as beautiful as I remember." I smiled looking out the glass window facing the Eiffel tower the sun was setting slightly.

"Yea..." He mumbled.

"Heath what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm just tired Eve." He pulled his face up into a smile, but it was a struggle.

I walked slowly up to him and searched his eyes.

"Heath, something's up, tell me."

"I'm fine Eve!" He exclaimed, turning from my gaze.

"Heath you can tell me anything..." I whispered, rolling onto my tiptoes, so I could see his face.

"I know, but this you don't need to know." He was about to walk away, but I held my hand out stopping his exit.

"Heath-" I started.

"NO! Just....just...leave me alone." He said through gritted teeth, then walked out the door slamming it behind him.

I was alone, I didn't like how quiet it was.

That was strange.