Surprise

HEATH

"She's devastated, she hasn't left the our room since we got in." I told Jazz on the phone as I paced back and forth.

"Yea I would feel the same, Heath you just need to give her time." Jazz replied on the other side of the phone.

"Maybe we should cancel the shopping trip, just till she recovers." I wondered aloud.

"Ask her first getting out might take her mind off things." Jazz told me seriously.

"Heath." Eve shouted from the door.

"Yes?" I whirled round to see her wide bloodshot eyes quivering.

"Don't cancel the shopping trip, I'm over them...they wanna leave me, well I'm not gonna cry over them." Eve told me trying to smile as she wiped her sore eyes.

"Okay baby, go clean yourself up and we will go out for dinner." I smiled softly.

"Yea that would be nice." She smiled happier walking away.

"Well we will see you tomorrow." I said to Jazz on the phone.

"Yea! Can't wait tell Eve I hope she feels better!" She sounded happy again.

"Yea see you, bye." I chuckled.

"Bye bye!" She squeaked then we hung up.

I put the phone back on the wall and went over to my money wallet.

I took $70 out my wallet and tucked it in my back trouser pocket. Then looked at my phone. I had two messages from Ben.

-Heath it's still on for tomorrow? Ben-

I replied with:

-Yes, Eve is fine now.-

Then I saw the other message from Ben:

-I heard what happened between Millie and you, most people saw you tried to pull away-

I replied again with:

-I know but I don't wanna hear about it, I love Eve.-

"Who's that to?" Eve asked suddenly over my shoulder making me jump she chuckled, and turned to face her. Her eyes were less red now but still watery, her face had lost all the tear trails and she was wearing a little makeup even though she didn't need it.

"Ben, you ready now?" I replied putting my phone in my pocket.

"Okay, and yes do I look better?" She asked unsure.

"You look beautiful." I replied pulling her into my arms.

"No that's a lie, but thanks for not making me sad." She chuckled into my chest.

"And we have had enough sadness for one day, haven't we?" I teased trying to make the mood happier for Eve.

"Yes, the next four days are going to be about me and you being happy, nothing can ruin it." She told me pulling me to the door with a beaming smile.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled then we ran down to the car, and went out to have a great time.

EVE

We had a great night, the meal was lovely as Heath took me to a five star restaurant which was absolutely spectacular. Then we went for a walk and admired the stars.

"Thank you Heath." I said gratefully Looking into his amazing eyes.

"Don't say thank you Eve, I want you to be happy not grieving over something that you did nothing to cause." He replied genuinely taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. It was like our hands we made for each other.

"And I am when I'm with you." I smirked shoving him slightly.

"I'm that great?" He asked raising a perfect eyebrow.

"Yes Heath, you are." I giggled.

"Thank you." He smiled. Then we walked for longer in a perfect non awkward silence.

"Eve, there's something I have needed to do but haven't done." Heath said stopping us near a bench in the middle of a small park.

"Okay..." I pushed for him to continue.

"Okay, I will warn you now, I'm not great at this." He suddenly looked really nervous.

"I'm not sure what is happening." I admitted.

"Okay." He started then my heart skipped a beat, when he began to bend down onto one knee still holding my hand. "Evie-Grace, I know this is sudden but I have never met anyone like you. You have changed me into something I have always wanted to be but never could. I'm less selfish than before and most of all, you have made me love, I have never fallen in love before, but you, you make my heart flutter, you make me blush, and most of all you make me feel. So I am asking you to marry me, and make me the happiest guy in the world, as when I'm with you the world disappears and all I see is you..."

EVE

I didn't know what to say, literally my voice had gone as my heart was in my throat. Those words he had said made my brain fuzzy and dreamy.

"Yes, y-yes I will Heath!" I exclaimed finally as I could see his knee beginning to wobble.

"Great, Eve I love you!" He pulled me into a hug then while still hugging me grabbed my hand and placed a small cold object in it. I pulled away to look.

I opened my hand to see a small ring with a little green jewel neatly placed on it, it was silver and simple, But beautiful all the same.

"Oh, Heath thank you!" I gasped as he put it on my fourth finger.

"An engagement ring, to make it official." He smiled into my eyes.

"I love it, nearly as much as I love you!" I gasped happily.

"I will take that as a very big complement. Now let's go." He smiled taking my hand before we walked happily hand in hand, thinking happy thoughts.

I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to get my dress and get married to him. It would be the day my life would be fulfilled and complete.

Heath, friends, school, home.