PROLOGUE

"I'm going, dad. There's nothing you can do about it." I answered back, giving him a big eye roll and hoping he would finally drop it and let me pack in peace. I knew I was being a brat, but I didn't need the added guilt during my trip.

"Oli, please, don't leave your old man alone." He sat down beside my suitcase and looked at me with eyes full of hope, as I zipped it closed.

"Don't make me lose the only good thing in my life." He cried. I knew I couldn't back down, but it was really difficult when my own father, whom I've barely seen shedding a tear or two my entire life, was full on crying in front of me.

"I'm sorry, dad, but I can't stay here, I want to live, I want to see things other than the same boring buildings, streets and people of this city. You have to understand that, please." I begged and sat beside him.

"I do, honey, I do, it's just so hard to see you go, my only daughter, you're everything I have." He put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and hugging me to his side, as he sniffled.

"I know, but I'll be fine, dad, I'll be staying with Lou, she's great, you know that." He looked at me and nodded in defeat.

"Just remember that whatever happens, your mom and I will always be here for you, waiting for you to come back, okay? Just give me a call and I'll buy you a return ticket in a second." He said in a scolding tone as he looked at me with a frown on his face, but his eyes were soft and glossy.

"I'll always be proud of you, despite your poor choice of leaving your family behind." He chuckled sarcastically, wiping away the dry tears. He pulled away too soon, so I engulfed him in a long hug, feeling tears of my own staining my cheeks.

Even though I knew he meant every word, I also knew how sad he was to watch me leave.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you, too, Oli. Always."

Hi loves!

This is something I've been working on for a while now.

Here is just a teaser.

I'll finish Drifted first, before starting to upload this one.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Please tell me what you think and your expectations for this book.

With love. Xx

- I