A night to remember

"Great!" Harry mumbled against my lips, pecking them repeatedly and smiling like a fool. There was certainly a great amount of relief that surrounded us both, it felt like everything had been forgiven and forgotten, but, in reality, we both knew there was still a lot to talk about.

A selfish part of me was happy to see how much Harry needed me and that was the part I had allowed to decide if I was leaving him once and for all, or staying and fighting for us. And as I watched his dimpled smile and his shiny eyes, I knew I had made the right decision.

"I can't fucking live without you, Olivia, you know that." He sighed, eyes closed and forehead resting against mine. "I know I was a dick yesterday, I know I shouldn't have snapped at you for bumping into Ashton, it's just..." He sighed, unable to find the right words.

"I get it, Harry." I pulled away, cupping his cheeks in my hands.

"You do?" He tilted his head to the side adorably, just like a cute puppy.

"Mhm..." I nodded. "You don't trust me anymore." Harry was about to correct me, but I interrupted him before he could say anything. "And that's okay, I cheated on you, I've broken your trust and I get it why you acted like that. It's not your fault, Harry, it's all mine." My thumb traced his jawline as he stared blankly at me.

"I-I..." He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out, making a giggle erupt from my lips. It was adorable how he still didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying that he did trust me when all I had done was hurting him.

"It's okay, Harry, it truly is, I have to prove you that I deserve your trust again, I know that and I'll do anything in my power to show you that I'm in this with my body and soul. I just need to know that you are too." His eyes showed me no hesitance as he answered.

"I am, babe, I am and I'll show you tonight, I'll show you that I'm in this forever." Harry promised, sealing it with a long kiss.

"I can't wait." I smiled against his lips, felling my heart ready to burst out of my chest and my stomach erupting in butterflies.

"It will be great, I promise." His smile warmed my heart and suddenly it felt like everything was back to how it was before I had messed it up horribly. It felt like when we were back at Harry's house in London, spending the day on his bed and revelling in the glory of each other's presence.

"Uhm..." Harry shifted in my arms, clearly bothered by something.

"What is it?" I asked, pulling back a little so I could see his face.

"I kind of have to go now." He scratched the back of his head and grimaced.

"Kind of?" I giggled. "It's fine, Harry, I'm not asking you to quit your job to spend time with me." Another giggle left my lips, accompanied by a deep chuckle that rumbled through his throat.

"I know... It's just..." He sighed, unwrapping his arms from around me and taking a seat at the foot of the bed.

"What?" I asked softly, hoping not to push him too far, for he was clearly worried about something that I seemed to be missing.

"Will you still be here when I come back?" Harry asked sheepishly, genuinely afraid that I was just going to abandon him while he was out working.

"Of course I will, Harry." I smiled, sitting on his lap and running a hand through his hair. "I will always be here." I admitted, feeling those words down my bones. I would always be there for him, no matter what.

"Okay." He smiled timidly, wrapping his right arm around my waist and resting his left hand on my thigh. "I'll see you tonight then?" His eyes shined so bright and so green that it was impossible to tell him 'no'. Not that I would have anyway.

"Yes." I nodded confidently.

The rest of the day dragged by not having anyone to keep me company, so all I did was lay down and read or watch any random comedy on Harry's Netflix account.

I was feeling hopeful and optimistic that Harry and I would be able to go back to how our relationship was before everything happened. The desperation in his eyes when I told him I was leaving was proof enough to guarantee me that he was just as dependent on me as I was on him.

And the selfish side of me loved the fact that he needed me. I loved the fact that he slept better when I was in bed with him, or that he felt comfortable and himself when he was with me. I loved that he showed a part of him to me that only a few other people had the privilege to see.

A few more hours passed before I got a text from Harry saying that I should wait for him in front of the rooftop door at six. I kicked my feet on the bed giddily, like a small child. I always loved out rooftop dates, they were always so intimate and full of love and passion, there was nobody watching and we could just be ourselves wrapped up in our little bubble of amour.

I just hoped and wished and prayed that everything would turn out great, since this was definitely an important night in our relationship timeline, this would be the night when we would put all of our feelings out there and decide once and for all what our destiny would be.

I left the spacious bed and started to run a bath, waiting for the scalding water to fill the entire bathtub before throwing a pink, rose scented bath bomb on the water and appreciating the nice smell.

Taking my time to shave and relax, I got up from the tub and drained the water, wrapping a fluffy, white towel around my body and putting my wet hair into a bun so I could deal with it later.

I browsed through all the dresses I had, deciding on a simple black one with nude heels, laying the soft fabric and the shoes on the bad, before drying my body and slipping on a robe. I combed and dried my hair, plugging my curling iron and waiting as it warmed up.

I did my makeup, keeping it simple and classy, making sure my cheeks had just the right amount of pink and my lashes were thick and full. After curling my hair, I padded back to the room and pulled the dress down my body, hiding the black set of lingerie I had on underneath.

The heels were slightly taller than what I was used to, but as comfortable as high heels could get. I chose a golden necklace and earrings to match and sprayed perfume behind my ears and wrists, checking the watch and seeing that it was time to finally meet Harry.

I couldn't contain the excitement that grew within me, a wide smile covered my lips as I walked down the long corridor and waited for the elevator. When it reached the top floor I practically sprinted, heading towards the distinctive red door that led to the roof.

Once I tried to open it, I found out it was locked, Harry must have really thought this through, he was really going out of his way to surprise me.

I waited impatiently outside, resting my back against the cold wall with a feeling that this was certainly going to be a night to remember.

Hello!

So sorry for the late, shitty update, but as always in the life of an event planner, it's been crazier than ever!

Thank you so much for reading and not giving up on me.

Love you with my heart and soul.

Regarding the recent events in Manchester, I believe we should all focus our energies on spreading love and kindness to those around us, mostly in times like these. Hope everyone is alright and safe.

Much, much love.

- I.