Happy ending

"What?" Harry huffed, moving from his leaning position on the counter to stand in front of me. "What could that little shit possibly want right now?" His arms were crossed tightly against his chest and he had an annoyed and angry look upon his face.

"I-I don't know." I was nervous for receiving a call from Ashton after more than 3 months without any contact whatsoever, I was nervous for having Harry looking at me expectantly, waiting for my reaction as I just stared at the phone ringing in my hands and I was nervous with the possibility of listening to Ashton's voice after so long.

After all I never wanted to hurt him nor lose him. He was a good friend when I needed him to be, but I messed it all up by adding feelings to that and leading him on.

"Answer it then..." Harry pointed at the blinking screen in my hands and my finger immediately pressed the green button.

"H-hello?" I stuttered, afraid that he had just butt dialed me and didn't want to speak with me ever again, which I couldn't blame him if he actually wanted that.

"Liv?" Ashton sounded chirpy on the other end. "Is that you?" He asked again and I heard some shuffling, he was probably exiting the loud scenario that he was in for suddenly it was quiet.

"Yeah, it's me." I said sheepishly, almost forgetting to answer him.

"How are you?" I looked up at Harry who mouthed 'speaker', making me roll my eyes but press the speaker button nonetheless.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked, suddenly very uneasy to have Harry listening to our entire exchange.

"I'm doing... good, yeah... I'm good." Ashton sounded hesitant, making my heart break a little with the thought of him being nothing but happy.

"That's, uhm... That's good." I rolled my eyes at my own awkwardness and so did Harry, who was now mouthing 'wrap it up'.

"So, uhm... What's up?" I felt the need to sit down, having Harry mimicking my movements and sitting down right beside me. He was being quite possessive over a phone call, a trait he hadn't shown since we got back together and something I was dreading to witness again.

"Me and the boys are in town and we really miss you, so they made me to call you and invite you to dinner tonight..." Harry instantly started shaking his head to the sides, a wild look taking upon his beautiful features and a flash of fear shone in his eyes. "...You know, with the label people and all." Ashton finished and both, Harry and I, sighed in relief. It was like all the awkwardness would suddenly disappear if the 'label people' were present.

"That sounds nice, Ash." My answer clearly didn't please Harry, who place a hand on my thigh and squeezed it firmly, before letting out a firm 'no'.

"Do you mind if I bring Harry with me?" The line was silent for a few seconds and I watched as a sly smirk etched onto Harry's lips and his grip on my thigh loosened. He started trailing his hand up, his fingers brushing my center and making me squirm and slap his hand away, to which he paid no mind to.

"Ash? Are you there?" I asked after I still hadn't heard any answer.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." His voice was thick and he sounded a bit confused, but I chose to brush it off. "So you two are back together then?" A hint of disappointment could be heard as he sighed.

"Yeah, we are." I said firmly, still feeling my heart breaking. "Are you okay with that?" As soon as the last word left my lips, Harry's mouth was on my neck, his hands started kneading my hips and I had to suppress several moans that attempted to rip through my dry throat.