Rumours

"What's up with Harry?" A familiar voice resonated from beside me, as I felt the empty space next to me on the couch dip with the presence of a curly headed boy.

"Uhm... nothing. Why?" I locked my phone and turned my head to the side, frowning at Ashton who just shrugged.

"I don't know... He's being weird." He explained, fumbling with his fingers.

"He's fine, he's just being a little... protective." I defended, but seeing why would Ashton think that Harry was being weird.

"Protective?" He scoffed, resting his arm on the back of the couch. "If looks could kill I would definitely be dead by now." He chuckled sarcastically.

"He thinks you like me." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well..." Ashton grimaced, voice in a high-pitched sound.

"What?" I almost screamed, eyes widening in surprise.

"I'm kidding, Liv..." He chuckled in amusement. "Would it be that bad, though?" He grimaced again and I shrugged, not knowing how to answer such an unexpected question.

"It would definitely not make things easier." I mumble to myself, turning my head to the other side, staring at nothing in particular as silence fell above us.

"We're friends, Liv." Ashton suddenly said, calmly explaining. "Harry has nothing to worry about." He sounded almost sad, but I chose to ignore it with a nod.

"So... what's the plan for today?" Ashton changed the subject, long fingers gently tapping his thigh, as his hazel eyes stared at me expectantly.

"I don't really know what I'm supposed to do... I've already done the boys' makeup and Lou did their hair, so there's nothing left for us to do until before show time." I explained, wishing I could spend the day with Harry, but he had all these interviews and promos for the tour, so that left me no choice but to be alone, doing absolutely nothing.

"We can explore the streets of Dublin for a bit?" Ashton suggested with a big smile on his lips, his dimples making him look cuter than ever.

"Sure, but don't you guys have to go on interviews and stuff?" I asked, already feeling down that I would have to spend the day alone.

"Uhm... no? We're just the opening act, we're not as famous as one d, so we don't get all the interviews and glamour. I thought you knew that." He chuckled lightly and I frowned in confusion.

"So that means you guys will always be here with me?" I grinned like a lunatic, knowing that I wouldn't spend my days reading a book all by myself.

"Mhm." Ashton nodded, getting up from the couch and adjusting his sleeveless shirt, that showed his thick, muscly arms. "Come on now, we have a lot to see." He extended a hand, to which I gladly took, standing to my feet as he pulled me behind him.

"Wow, that was amazing." I smiled, sitting down on the stool by the bar as Ashton sat on the stool beside mine.

"Yeah... I didn't know Dublin was so beautiful." He admitted with an impressed look, before calling out for the barista and ordering a beer for him, while I ordered water.

"It's a shame it's almost time to go back though. I would love to see the city lights." I daydreamed, propping up an elbow on the counter and resting my cheek on my hand as I admired the sun setting behind the skyline just outside the pub window.

"We can go out after the show too, if you want." He propositioned, but I was quick to shake my head.

"You'll be exhausted by then." I noted, remembering the few nights Harry crashed at Lou's after a show. He would lay beside me and instantly pass out. "And Harry will probably want to do something, like going out for dinner or whatever." I shot Ashton an apologetic look.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He shrugged, swallowing a sip of beer. "We can go out tomorrow again." He grinned and I nodded, excited to explore the city again.

We sat at the pub for a few more minutes, talking about everything and getting to know a lot more about each other. It was nice to know that I finally had someone to call a friend besides Lou and Ben, who was all the way back in London.

Ashton gulped down the last of his beer, before we both got up from the stools and headed out of the pub. As he held the door opened for me and I smiled gratefully at him, I noticed the thick foam moustache above his lips, making me giggle at the adorable sight.

"What are you doing?" He looked down with his eyebrows furrowed, eyes wild as we stood by the door. I reached for his lips, swiping my thumb above his upper lip and erasing all the evidence of the beer he just had. Just as I dragged my thumb across his cupid's bow to make sure there was no more signs of the white moustache, a bright light blinded us for a couple of seconds, making both of us snap our heads to the side.

"Hey, Ashton, does Harry know that you're also dating his girl?" The photographer asked loudly, taking more shots of us.

"Could you stop, man? It's not what it looks like." Ashton rolled his eyes, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him as we tried to walk away from the annoying paparazzi.

"I beg to differ." The man laughed, still taking pictures of us, as we tried to cover our faces from the bright light.

"Just leave us the fuck alone." Ashton growled, opening the taxi door for me and waiting until I was safe inside, before sitting beside me and quickly telling the driver the address to the venue.

"I'm really sorry, Liv." He apologized, once the car was on the move.

"What? Why?" I frowned up at him.

"For putting you through that." He answered as concern took over his features.

"That was, in no way, your fault Ashton." I placed my hand over his and he sighed. "That guy was way out of limit, but it wasn't your fault." I reassured him, giving him a sad smile.

"I'm still sorry, though." Ashton scratched the back of his neck, as his thumb traced figures on the back of my hand.

"You shouldn't be."

"But can you imagine all the rumours that will rise with that picture?" He rolled his eyes, already annoyed by something that hadn't even happened yet.

"They're just rumours, Ash, you shouldn't worry about it. We'll be fine." I watched as the corners of his lips turned up in a beautiful smile.

"That we will." I smiled back at him, as the driver parked just outside the venue. Ashton threw him a couple of bills and opened the car door for us to exit.

We made our way through the long hallways, before finding the room all the boys were supposed to be hanging out in and preparing for the concert.

"Hey, guys." I waved at the six boys who were sitting at the couch playing video games once again. I glanced around the room, finding no familiar mop of curls and sighing in disappointment.

As much as I didn't want to admit my constant longing for Harry, I couldn't deny that I had missed him. My body longed for his warm touch and his strong scent. All I wanted was to be in his arms again, feeling all my muscles relax as he kissed me.

"Have you guys seen Har-"

"What the fuck, Olivia?" A very familiar raspy voice boomed from the doorway and after I slowly turned around, I was greeted with a pair of burning, emerald eyes. What got my attention, though, was the small device he was holding in his hand, the bright screen revealing a picture taken only a few minutes ago.

A picture of Ashton and I, both staring at each other while I brushed my finger against his lips and he rested a hand on my waist, something I hadn't even realised he was doing before I looked at that picture.

And I could only hope that Harry wouldn't believe the rumours. The rumours that, only a few minutes ago, I told Ashton not to worry about.

Ashton is such a small bean look at that gif such a cupcake.

Sign of the Times had me flipping today. What a great tune. I'm so proud of Harry. What did you guys think of the song?

As always, thank you millions and billions for reading.

Much love,

- I.