Bigger than us

"Long night?" Lou's familiar voice startled me. I was standing in line for the breakfast buffet, filling my bowl with fruits and granola, while Lou watched me with an amused face.

"Yep." I replied grumpily, stifling a yawn, shoulders slightly slouched and I could practically see the dark circles under my eyes.

The previous night was amazing and I didn't regret a single minute of it, and I was pretty sure Harry was feeling very proud of himself as he watched me from his seat, sending me a wink. After spending the entire night reveling at the feeling of how perfectly our bodies connected, we passed out around 5am, only to be awaken by the annoying sound of Harry's alarm at 7am.

"I can see that." Lou chuckled humorlessly. "You look terrible, honey." She patted my shoulder, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"I know." I groaned, dropping the large spoon back into the fruit bowl and walking away towards Harry's table, hearing Lou's laugh on the background.

"How are you feeling today, love?" Harry asked, once I sat on the chair beside him.

"Destroyed." I rolled my eyes, as the smug look he was wearing wasn't fazed by my grumpiness.

"I'm sorry." He smiled, not sounding sorry at all.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed. "How are you so energetic anyways?" I asked, surprised by how tireless he seemed.

"I had four cups of coffee already." He explained. "That should get me going throughout the day." He smiled again, green eyes vibrant and full of life while I was looking like I had just come back from a war.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked, in hopes of being able to spend at least some time with him.

"The usual... Interviews, shoots, soundcheck..." He sighed, looking down at his empty plate.

"Oh..." I nodded, looking away to try and hide how disappointed I was feeling, even though I understood why we wouldn't be able to spend the day together as I had hoped; it was his job and I couldn't be the one to make him feel bad for working instead of spending time with his girlfriend. His job was bigger than the both of us.

"What about you?" He smiled sadly, slightly sinking in his seat.

"Uhm... I'll just wait for you guys to come back so I can do everyone's makeup." I shrugged, searching my mind for something to do but finding nothing, feeling completely useless.

"You can always hang out with Lou?" He said more as a question.

"I think she's flying Lux in today to spend the weekend with her." I sighed, resting my cheek on my hand, swirling my spoon on the bowl in front of me.

"Babe, listen... I'm sorry I can't spend time with you, it's just-"

"I get it, Harry, it's your job. I'm sorry if I made you feel guilty for not hanging around with me, but I just want you to know that I get it, okay?" I interrupted him, placing a hand over his and drawing figures against the back of his hand.

"Okay." He nodded, giving me a crooked smile. "I'll make it up to you tonight, I promised." His smile grew, as he grabbed both of my hands in his, placing a gentle kiss on my palm and I nodded.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked, curious about his plans.

"How about we go-"

"What's up, guys?" An overly cheery voice interrupted Harry, making us snap our heads to the side and see Ashton sitting on the empty chair in front of us.

"Hi, Ash." I greeted, feeling slightly annoyed that he had interrupted Harry when he was about to tell me his plans.

"What are you two doing tonight?" He asked, glancing between Harry and I with a grin plastered over his plump lips.