Friends

"What the hell is going on, Olivia?" Harry shouted once we were out of the common room and into an empty dressing room. "Why am I looking at a picture of you and Ashton all over each other?" He paced back and forth, holding his iPhone in one hand and tugging at the roots of his hair with the other, his eyes were glued to the floor and a deep frown tainted his beautiful face.

"Harry, I-" He didn't even let me finish as he raised a hand in the air to shush me.

"After we had just talked about it..." He said in a patronising tone, before sighing in disappointment. I felt anger starting to bubble up inside of me seeing him treating me like a child.

"He's my friend, Harry." I frowned, exhaling heavily, while my fingers closed in a fist.

"If I thought that he wanted to be only a friend, then I wouldn't be having this argument with you, Olivia, but I see the way he looks at you..." Harry paused, starting to pace across the room again. "...friends is the last thing going through his mind." He stopped in front of me and I saw nothing but anger and jealousy in his eyes.

"That's not even the point, Harry." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "You, more than anyone, should know better than to believe what you read on those tabloids." I seethed, over pronouncing every word and pointing a judgemental finger at him. Harry sighed, slightly nodding his head. He knew I was right, but he was too adamant to admit it.

"There's a very simple explanation to that photo, but I refuse to give it to you if you're going to be so unreasonable." I crossed my arms against my chest, fuming in anger. I was not allowing him to treat me like some kid.

Harry watched me as I rolled my eyes and breathed heavily, he knew how angry I was for his immature behaviour and I was sure that, deep down, he also knew how exorbitant his reaction was.

"I know there is, baby and I trust you. It's just..." Harry exhaled, rubbing his temples in frustration and closing his eyes for a few seconds. Finally, he had realised how irrational he was being and that nothing was going on between Ashton and I.

I sighed, relieved that he was no longer angry, because I had never dealt with his anger before, so I had no idea how far it could go and there was a huge part of me that was too afraid to find out.

I saw his eyes changing from a deep, dark green to a soft emerald colour. He looked sad and defeated, but most of all, he looked concerned.

"What is it?" I cupped his cheek and his eyes softened, eyelashes fluttering as I rolled my thumb against the soft skin of his jaw.

"You know how I feel about him and you still went out with him without even considering my feelings..." He pouted his lower lip as his eyes burned into mine and I could feel all the anger that had built up slowly dissipating.

"I'm sorry, Harry, I really am." I gave him a crooked smile. "I should have thought about you or talked to you before going out with him." I looked down in shame, I really hadn't thought about how he would feel and it was completely understandable why he was reacting that way, now that I could see from his point of view.

"I'm not saying you're not allowed to have him as a friend. It will just take me some time to get used to the thought." He admitted, hands gripping my wrists, not allowing me to take my hands off of his face.

"You know I would never do anything to hurt you, right? Not like that..." I had to ask, because for a moment there I actually thought that he didn't trust me. Harry nodded in silence, smiling sweetly at me.

"I know." He let go of my wrists, placing his large hands on my waist. "He likes you, you know?" Harry frowned for a moment, but his features softened once he heard my answer.

"I like you more." I felt a smile tugging at my lips as he grinned in satisfaction.

"You looooooove me." He sang like a little boy and all the previous tension left the room.

"That I do." My cheeks hurt from how wide my smile was, but I didn't care. Harry made me happy, he was the reason for my happiness even when he was being so headstrong and stubborn.

"I love you, too." Harry kissed the corner of my lip, pulling back a few inches to look into my eyes. "And that's why I think it would be more convenient if we stayed in a hotel room until we have to leave for Manchester." I rolled my eyes at his suggestion, but agreed to it nonetheless, knowing that he was only doing this to keep me away from Ashton, but I had my own selfish reasons to agree to being alone with him.

"Great! I'll get that settled first and then you can get me ready for the gig." Harry smiled, and all I could think about was that I would do everything to keep seeing those cute little dimples.

I watched as the boys had their vocal warmup and harmonised, singing one of their songs' chorus repeatedly until it was perfect. They were all pumped up with adrenaline before the show and once the 5SOS boys said their goodbyes to the loud crowd and came back running to the dressing room, they knew it was time.

"Wish me luck." Harry smiled as I tried to give his skin the final touches, adding a bit more of concealer as Lou sprayed his hair with some type of product.

"Good luck, babe." I pecked his lips, after putting my brushes away inside of my apron pocket.

"See you later." Harry winked, before leaving along with Niall, Louis and Liam.

"That was great!" I heard Michael's familiar voice cheering as he plopped down on the leather couch, his forehead was glistening with sweat as so did the other boys.

"Did you see us?" Ashton asked, draping an arm over my shoulders and I had to pull away from his sweaty body.

"I didn't see you guys, but I heard you and you sounded absolutely amazing!" I smiled at them and they grinned.

"You guys were great and all, but I really think you should take a shower now." Lou crinkled her nose, referring to the boys' smell.

"Hey! We smell like men!" Calum said in an overly manly voice, looking at me for confirmation.

"Don't look at me like that... I agree with Lou." I shrugged and Calum rolled his eyes, as the boys got up and headed towards the showers.

Lou and I were about to leave the dressing room to watch the show, when a large hand grabbed my shoulder, making me turn around as Lou kept walking, paying no mind to me.

"Hey, Liv." Ashton waved awkwardly.

"What's up?" I smiled, noticing how his pupils were blown out with adrenaline and his muscles looked amazing under that sleeveless shirt, glistening with sweat.

"I just wanted to know if you would like to come to a party with us tonight, all the boys are going and it'll be really fun." He grinned expectantly.

"I'll have to talk to Harry about that, since we're staying in a hotel now..." I gave him a crooked smile, hoping he wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't show up.

"Oh..." Ashton's face dropped as my heart did in my chest.

"But I'm sure we'll work something out." I patted his shoulder, but he just smiled sadly.

"I'll go shower now... See you later, Liv." He sounded like I had just gave him the worst news and my heart beat faster in my chest with just the thought of making him sad. Ashton was just so hyped and happy all the time that seeing him like that was something I would never want to do again.

"Bye, Ash." I squeezed his hand and as I let it go, he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek, before turning around and leaving, without a second glance.

As always, thank you soooo much for reading.

Much love,

- I.