Maybe

An hour.

That was how long I had been waiting, sitting on the carpeted floor, twirling my phone in my hands in hopes to get a call from Harry anytime soon.

It didn't happen, though.

I was aware that I should have left and went back to my room a few minutes ago, for if he were to show up, he would already have. I knew I was a fool for sticking around, but something within me forced me to stay, just so I could convince myself once and for all that he hadn't meant all the words he had said to me the same morning.

Feeling naïve and deceived, I pressed Harry's contact number and waited as it rung a couple of times and after getting no answer whatsoever, I gave up, throwing my phone beside me and running a hand through my now knotted hair, for I had tugged on my roots and tangled my fingers in it so many times that it was now distressed and oily.

Not long after, my phone started ringing and vibrating, making me puff my cheeks and picking it up, knowing that I was about to hear an awful excuse as to why he hadn't made it, yet feeling giddy by the thought of hearing his voice.

"Yes, Harry." I answered, my tone was angry and tired at the same time, making me sound obnoxious and superior, even though that wasn't my intention at all.

"Oli?" Lou's familiar voice boomed through the speaker, she sounded a bit confused and in a hurry.

"O-oh, hey, Lou. What's up?" I smiled disappointedly, wishing I was hearing Harry's raspy voice instead.

"Nothing much..." She answered and I could almost see her shrugging. "What are you up to?" She asked, sounding way too nonchalant.

"I'm waiting for Harry, we were supposed to go on a date, but he's already an hour late so..." I answered, embarrassed to admit that I was still waiting for him, when I should have given up a long time ago.

"Oh, that's why you're not in your room then." Lou affirmed and after I replied nothing, she prodded again. "Where are you?"

"I'm on the top floor of the hotel we're staying in. Why?" I frowned. Lou was acting exceptionally weird and I didn't know why.

"Uhm... nothing." She dismissed me quickly. "Do you have access to the internet on your phone?"

"I guess..." What was she hiding from me? "What's going on, Lou?" I heard her sighing on the other end and after a few more, long seconds she replied.

"Just wait for Harry, okay? I'm sure he has an explanation for it." She explained cryptically.

"Wait for Harry? Explanation? What are you on about?" I was so confused, what did Harry have to do with any of it?

"I-I have to go, just don't do anything stupid." And with that she hung up, leaving me dumbfounded and in a confused mess.

Instantly, I tapped on the twitter app, waiting for it to show me what I was clearly missing and feeling my heart tug in my chest as my eyes stared at a picture in front of me.

A picture of Harry.

A picture of Harry going inside a restaurant.

He wasn't alone. No.

It was a picture of Harry with another girl.

A picture of Harry and Kendall walking into a very fancy restaurant.

My heart dropped as I stared down at the image, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Maybe this was an old picture, maybe this was all just a big misunderstanding, but the showing date of the tweet proved me it was a recent picture. It was taken that day, not long ago.