Chapter 6: What A Cute Child!

A/N: Sorry for the wait. My goal was to finish Frenemies so I can focus on this whole-heartedly. Now that I'm here and alert, I'm ready aha. Since I've got nothing ready or written for this story, it'll be fun to write as I go along. :) I'm focused on fully finishing THIS FIC, TWN, and PERVERTED HERO now, so expect updates to come by you faster.

-

5 days.

It had been 5 days of total imprisonment for you. Staying coped and prancing around in your hotel room, you refused to go anywhere with anyone, if it suggested being near BigHit Entertainment. You refused to see or encounter anything that would make you cry again—that anything being Jung Hoseok.

Did that stop him from trying to reach you however? No. No, that didn't. Gifts, food, and flowers were sent to your hotel room every morning and night. Even the workers in the hotel now had a sadness in their eyes each time they delivered the new presents sent.

Hoseok wanted to meet you one last time before this week ended. That was evident and obvious, but the shift in your gut at the very thought of ever seeing the man again, made you refuse to right away. The last thing you wanted was for your emotions to be jumbled up again. Plus the way, you knew of him wanting to meet you was through PD Nim...Hoseok didn't have the courage to face you himself. Wow, I guess some things never change.

So, you stayed away. You stayed away just like he chose to have you gone years ago. He decided, so he should stick by it.

Mostly just internally fighting off anger for most of the days you were clouded and stuck, it became a habit to ring up your best friend who had a life of her own. Did you tell her where you were? No. You lied through your teeth. Because, knowing sweet old Kwon Yeonha, your best friend, you knew she'd fly out right away and start throwing fists if she knew of you being near Hoseok in any matter. So, you didn't tell her, instead, you let her believe you were with Kevin and Yeri.

Every day, she'd call to check in and you'd lie about Yeri not being around you. Saying things along the lines of, "It's a wedding, what else do you expect? Yeri's running around Kevin's parents house" and yada yada.

.

"You sure you're alright?" Yeonha's busy voice worriedly asked through the mic of her phone.

"Y-Yes," you said softly, throat clenching as you laid in the dress from the night at the party. You had rushed and ran faster than possibly able to imagine that day. It was truly something to be worried about since you hadn't found yourself to cry this hard for years.

In that moment, you had broke. The moment Jung Hoseok had kissed you against that stall...something within you couldn't mend again. And that very thought had you crying in anger, hurt, and simple sadness.

But did you tell Yeonha when calling to hear her voice? No. No, you didn't.

You simply choked back any emotions of hurt and smiled through the pain...

One characteristic you had in common with Hoseok. The both of you were the greatest at hiding away your pain just so others wouldn't be burdened.

"I'm uh," you continued, clearly your throat before letting out a soft chuckle, "I'm better than ever."

.

All these days of lying, you felt drained.

Sighing, you felt a numbing relaxation take over you as you let the water above you sprinkle away onto your head and body. Standing still while underneath the warm water of the hotel, this was the best part of your days. This very evening shower you'd have...this very moment underneath such a wave that washed away all the stresses in your life thus far.