Chapter 8: Cloud Nine

December 16, 2012.
7 months before Bangtan Sonyeondan debut.

Your hands moved over the terribly huge bump that was your unborn child. Coat on, hair a mess, and breath shaking while walking in the cold streets of the place you called your new home, you moved towards the many beds that were crowded around the broken-down homeless shelter. It was rough to move your boots through the doors without slipping for a moment, but you managed to strongly push through.

You had always managed to push through.

Greeting the familiar faces around you, you shyly hugged at yourself, moving through in attempts to find the rusted bed you claimed as your home.

Your home.

Boots clanking near your bunk, you tried not to chuckle when a head popped over near the other bunk. It was the one person that talked to you in this place without wanting 'treasures' in return.

"Still didn't catch your name yet," you mumbled sweetly, eyes narrowing over at the mysterious tanned man that never truly opened to you much, "...sorry for waking ya by the way."

The man let a little side-smile graze his lips as he moved to lay back onto his bunk. His form seemed to look skinnier...that very thought made your smile falter a little. Just a little.

"Those men still bothering you at your corner?" the man asked, eyes slowly drifting to face you again.

You slowly got out from your coat. Moving your hands instantly to the baby bump, you had a little trouble sitting comfortably onto the mattress.

"They brought knives this time around as a threat," you mumbled annoyed, trying to move out of your boots. "I may be pregnant, but I go 'Mamma-bear' mode when someone comes to harm by family."

The tanned man grinned at that. "You're talking about the thing in your stomach?"

You glared at the man, eyes practically squinting. "Would you like me to demonstrate my bear mode?" you cooed, seeing him grin further.

You tried not to blush when noticing his eyes glint in amusement. The fact that he was attractive and was staring at you for more than thirty seconds at a time was making your pregnant heart flutter.

"You shouldn't be out there...you've got a job now, begging for money isn't something you need."

"It is if I'm trying to get out of here before this child is born," you sighed out, wiping over lamely at the sweat that was building up near your upper lip from the sudden stress that took over you trying to move back to lay.

"You're responsible," the man said, smiling, "That's a great start to being a decent mother."

"Decent?" you asked, laughing a little before laying so you could face the man that was steps away.

"Yes..." he pursed his lips for a second, "I wish I had a mind-set like yours...I've kind of just been stupid about running away from home."

You smiled a little at that.

"Yes," he mumbled, seeing your teasing expression, "I technically can go back any time to a perfect life and perfect family. Do I want to? No."

"Why run?"

"I want to find my identity on my own," he whispered out, no longer smiling. "No pressures...just me and the streets. When I do find it, then maybe I'll think about giving my Mom a call."